Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Feedback for the community

This topic contains 31 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Christine Renee Christine Renee 6 months ago.

Profile gravatar of Dave HakkensDave Hakkens davehakkens

Feedback for the community

28/07/2015 at 11:09

Hi everyone!

Over the last months we’ve been working on this new big online place. One that blends all projects together creating a big strong community of like minded people. To be honest, we’re not sure yet where this is going. We just really like the fact of nice place on the internet where people can meet and projects can be developed openly.
It’s made by only a few people, so i’m sure we overlooked a bunch of things.
This topic is to leave your feedback, problems, bugs, improvements, future suggestions etc. Anything to make this community better, let us know in this topic or simply ask around and see if others agree!

Together we can make it great!

Profile gravatar of TomasHalberstad
28/07/2015 at 10:25

I see no scrollbar – using Safari 8.0.7 on OS X 10.10.4.
Also manually erasing forums from http://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/ leads to an invalid page.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of TomasHalberstad
28/07/2015 at 10:29

Member search does not work properly.
Search for Joel->scroll to bottom->use numbers to go to 2 page -> search goes blank.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Yvo
28/07/2015 at 16:07

Nice to see the community up and running again. I wanted to join a couple of days ago.
Very nice design, I must say.

I’m having the same problem with the scrollbar. I can scroll the pages fine using the mousewheel.
But when dragging the scrollbar, only the blue panel on the right hand side moves.
The same happens when using PageUp and PageDown.

Yvo

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Dave Hakkens
28/07/2015 at 17:56

Happy to hear you like the design, took quite some hours! And thanks for the feedback, will put it on the list.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Junnase
17/08/2015 at 10:14

Good design! Perfect!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of ChrissyW
21/08/2015 at 13:49

Great idea and I like the looks of it..

1. I miss a back button
2. and… perhaps a mobile version for Safari… 🙂

and…

3. The logout would be great on the menu… instead of having to go to my profile…YAY

Keep up the spirit!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of greglee
21/08/2015 at 14:51

Nice to see progress should start to get interesesting hopefully ..

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of besteekmen
21/08/2015 at 16:19

Hi to everyone 🙂

New platform is really nice, just i have the similar problems which becomes a bit disturbing by the time having here.. Using Chrome 44.0.2403.155 on Windows 7.

1) A scroll because its making much harder to view
2) A better looking or more obvious profile direction, cause i couldnt realize it for a while 😀 Also easier control to logout 🙂

Toggle replies
02/10/2015 at 22:07

scrollbars should be fixed. thanks for the feedback. Sorry it takes a while, looking for a team of developers thats want to help out. Will go quicker in the future!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of juanpc
10/10/2015 at 15:17

Hi Dave!

Have tried you theme out but I was not able to show up the posts grid properly. I guess I did something wrong but just wondering if something is missing in the davehakkens/index.php that it’s uploaded on Github?

The ‘<div id=”post-grid”></div>’ has nothing inside and therefore I think that’s why I was not able to show up the posts. Don’t know if you don’t want to make it public or if it’s just a mistake. Thanks in advance, you’re just awesome. 🙂

Toggle replies
12/10/2015 at 09:47

hmm. it should work. Github is synced with our sever and should be 100% identical open and transparent.

Toggle replies
12/10/2015 at 16:08

@davehakkens i’m doing something wrong then :!
The news page does not show anything and i have some posts published. If i change to antoher theme they are shown. Have tried adding some code to the index.php ‘<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>’ and they were also shown but no in a grid way like yours. Don’t know if you can help me out. The news you have are posts right?

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of G.r.a. Gilsing
14/10/2015 at 12:13

Looks really nice!

Toggle replies
15/10/2015 at 14:16

We are using a javascript to load the posts, perhaps that’s why it doesn’t work? Not sure what else it could be. And yes, the news are posts.

Toggle replies
21/10/2015 at 23:49

@davehakkens I think that’s gonna be the problem. Do you know if i need to install anything else or how can i make the script work? Thank you very much.

Toggle replies
27/10/2015 at 09:49

Not really. My coding skills are quite limited..

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Javier Romero
24/11/2015 at 15:25

Hi Dave:

My name is Javier, I´m an electronic technician in telecommunications from Argentina and an Android instructor in an IT Institute.
Would like to help in the Phonebloks project, may be as a tester or with the Android Operating System of your device.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Best Regards,

Javier

Toggle replies
19/01/2016 at 21:34

Hi @davehakkens! I was able to make it work, the problem was that a plugin I had, called Easy Fancybox, was making the theme’s javascript files not to work properly. Don’t know exactly why, maybe because they were using a very similar code or something but yup, that was the problem. Thank you for your help.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Anita Silva
11/04/2016 at 10:51

I can’t see the blueprint.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of RedGurrillia
11/04/2016 at 12:19

Hi,

It might just be a suggestion, but i think it would be great if we could state in our forum-profiles what a person is. I’m a student-machinebuilder, somebody else might be a workshop owner, but but has no time to build this… somebody else might be willing to pay for the whole contraption etc… might make it just a bit more easy for people to find the person they are looking for.

also, a “intention” field could work, WHY is somebody using the forum, to help out, to ask questions, to find people? i think you get the idea 😉

Grtz,
RedG

Toggle replies
12/04/2016 at 14:35

Good suggestion @redgurrillia, agree this is an very effective small detail. The difficulty we always have is how to make it, but its definitely on the list. If anybody want to help, shoot

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of joshua gordon
15/04/2016 at 04:46

HI- I have had this vision for years : since the 80’s. I am so glad to see developing technology- I would like to place this technology aboard a sailing vessel, and take it to Islands- in the Pacific, Caribbean, all over actually- and use it as a center piece for education, and recycling- having communities collect and the make what they need- like roofing material, dock planking, school desks, raised garden/composting bins (composting and gardening – a whole subject of its own) – Most of these items are larger than the things in the videos- so the system would have to be up scaled…many questions to be answered- durability in the sun, toxicity, and etc.
Is anyone interested in helping me explore this further? Let me know.
Thanks-

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Gabriel Perrone
16/04/2016 at 19:34

Hello, would you tell me if it is possible to import to Argentine your products? An also which is the cost of all that machines you have in your page? Thank you.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Vincent Henry
20/04/2016 at 01:29

Hi Dave,

I love youridea, would you please consider making musical instruments out of plastic recycling?

These people need us and we desperately need them …

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Reon
20/04/2016 at 17:30

Hi Dave ,why I can’t download the file in my ipad ?

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of David Davenport
23/04/2016 at 15:32

I’m trying to watch the videos but for some reason the links don’t do anything for me, I don’t get an invalid page or anything, just nothing happens, I am using Windows 10/ Internet explorer, anyone else have this issue or know what is going on? I’m sure it’s just something on my end as long as the links on the site are still valid
Thanks, looking forward to doing some learning and experimentation with plastic fabrication

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Carcelia
23/04/2016 at 16:58

Facebook group for Dutch Speaking Interested people, because you can’t get a message to another person.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077304685665866/ new try, I hope it sticks this time.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of John
07/05/2016 at 04:32

Sorry to resend this, not sure I posted it before in the right place.

Is there a resources page on the forum of links where to buy parts etc?

I want to buy a complete ready-made shredder head, but can’t find if you have any links to suppliers.

For example there is this supplier for the shredder heads, but I think this is too expensive for use here in Asia.
http://filamaker.eu/shop/

I am doing some looking around in China for manufacturers which seem a lot cheaper. Once confirmed the prices and I find any I can also post there links on a resources page if you have one? If not perhaps once can be setup?

Rgds John

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of B. Macharia
07/06/2016 at 19:22

Hello Dave and Members,
I am from Nairobi, and have just joined this forum. This website and Dave’s work are a Godsend as I am looking to start plastic recycling and have been researching the subject.

I am keenly interested in the shredder, and watching Dave’s video I know it was a built-it-yourself kit – is it possible to get the assembled shredding mechanism (I can get a motor locally and fabricate the hopper and frame)

If not possible to get an assembled mechanism please let me know cost of the unassembled shredding mechanism parts (or contacts for your supplier so I can import it) then I can try and get someone locally who can do the machining Dave did with the axle shafts.

Regards and Thanks
BM

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of keesdeligt
10/06/2016 at 18:31

Hi All,
somebody found a way to sort the topics by date??

Toggle replies
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Feedback for the community’ is closed to new replies.