We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

NEW Plastics Recycling Startup – HAITI

Lakay Vèt lakayvet

NEW Plastics Recycling Startup – HAITI

19/01/2018 at 18:15

Hi everyone!

We are starting a plastics recycling project in Haiti! Every day Haiti imports tons of plastic. Unfortunately, Haiti still has no effective or environmentally friendly disposal method so the streets, oceans, ravines and more are now piled with trash. The problem is only getting worse and Lakay Vèt wants to change that! We want to create jobs for people. If you are interested in being a part of the solution for Haiti we would love hear from you!

—–

Bonjou tout moun!

Nou ap kòmanse yon pwojè nan Ayiti pou resikle plastic ak lot bagay. Chak jou Ayiti impòte anpil plastik men yo pa gen yon bon kote pou mete li oubyen yon bagay yo ka fè avè’l apre yo ap fini sevi avè’l. Kounya nou gen fatra tout kote. Lakay Vèt vle change sa. Nou vle fe travay pou moun ak krèye yon bel Ayiti dirab. Si ou vle we chanjman nan Ayiti tampri kontakte nou! Anpil men fè travay pa lou!

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
22/01/2018 at 15:36

Greetings. I am new to this community aftre i read and liked the Precious Plastic recycling ideas. I intend to start the same here in Uganda in 2 months time.
We have a challenge of high power tariff and i am also thinking of including Solar Inverter to run the motors and heat the plastic. I am hoping a 10KVA Inverter would do well.
What are your views?

dedicated
23/01/2018 at 16:05

Hi, I would like to participate, I am Italian, currently live in Perú but in March I will come back to live in Rome. I can’t weld but I’m very good with tools and I can bring a lot of tools to help building everything. Waiting for news…

starter
24/01/2018 at 21:41

Hi,
I was wondering if people who live by the ocean can wash the plastic collected, in salt water? Also there are people trying to figure how to make hand cranks. So one could use a bicycle to run the chopper. But ultimately it would need electricity to melt & mold. I am not a mechanic so all this is hard to figure out to draw up proposals. I just think this would help in areas that are off the beaten track to clean up their beaches and make useful things.
From what I am reading the designs are still in the works. I love the idea but how to promote it in other areas is the path. When I get some designs, costs & outlines I can move further with my proposals.
I will watch your progress!
Andrea

dedicated
26/01/2018 at 02:46

You can use butan gasto mold the plastic with a temperature control (arduino?)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪