Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

New website V3

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 1 month ago.

mattia mattia-io

New website V3

23/08/2017 at 16:42

Hello Community,

As you probably know we’re working full on to launch Version 3 by the end of October. And I am in the exciting process of redesigning the website.
Before jumping right into it I thought it might be good idea to ask you, the ones who use it most, for advice and recommendations.

Is there anything you would like to see or not see on the new website?
Anything you particularly loved and couldn’t live without?
Or something you totally hated and couldn’t possibly stand or understand?
Was there any tasks you struggled to achieve?
Or anything that didn’t make sense at all?

Let me know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs 🙂

*Only refer to preciousplastic.com not davehakkens.nk

Much love,
Mattia

Attachments:
helper
23/08/2017 at 19:44

Yes, a link to the forums… (like the links, “home” – “the plan” – “machines” – and so on…)

Toggle replies
dedicated
24/08/2017 at 12:15

For sure!

Toggle replies
dedicated
24/08/2017 at 13:00

I hope you’re planning to add PP Network Map link as well, when it’s ready of course.

Toggle replies
dedicated
24/08/2017 at 15:24

Sure, that will be well embedded on the website.
No doubt about it!

Toggle replies
helper
26/08/2017 at 21:37

Hi Mattia!

Browsing through the website I found a few things, which I’ve listed below. I have to say that the website has a nice feeling, looks great and suits the DIY vibe of Precious Plastic in my opinion. Great!

– To be able ‘to spread the information to every corner of the world’, I’m currently missing the common social media share buttons below news items. Besides that I don’t see any buttons to go directly to the social media pages. I don’t know if this is done on purpose to keep visitors on this website without having them wandering off again, but it’s all about sharing right?

– That’s what I currently miss the most, a direct link to the forums/community where we share our knowledge and help and inspire eachother, what I think is one of the most important strenghts of Precious Plastic.

– To boost donating such as with Patreon or via https://davehakkens.nl/donate/preciousplastic/, there could be added a Donate button at the menu which will be fully visible.

– Below ‘6. Community’ the , could be gone between other and and.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/plan/, under the ‘What can be made’ the ‘show creations’ button isn’t currently in the middle like the rest of the page.

– At the same page the two buttons at the top aren’t yet linked to the right pages.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/machines/, under ‘Features’ it says ‘built yourself’, this is the simple past form and as we are trying to inspire to build the machines themselves in near future, it should be ‘build yourself’. It’s the same for the text under ‘Inclusive’ where it should be build instead of built.

– At the same page under ‘Modular’ you could delete the , before or at the end. Same under ‘Inclusive’: the , between tools and universal parts. Even better in my opinion could be changing that text to: >The machines can be build all over the world by using basic materials, tools and universal parts.< But that’s just me haha!

– Under ‘Extrusion’ same for the , that could be taken away between mold and or used.

– I see a pattern now. A lost , between lathes and or. Under ‘Build them yourself’ between yourself and or perhaps, there’s one too.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/creations/, under ‘Patterns’ there’s a lost , between patterns and or.

– About the website overall, sometimes there’s not a dot after a sentence, sometimes there is. I saw this on the creations page and maybe it’s good to go choose one particular style for the whole website to help getting a fluent and consistent look and professional website. It’s a little detail, but I’m a 100% type of guy when it comes to this.

– In the bottom header the fancy spacy ‘A project by Dave Hakkens’ link currently doesn’t direct us to Dave’s website.

That’s it for now I guess. Note that I’m not a native English speaker and please correct me if I’m wrong in any of the above suggestions I made concerning used language. Keep up the good work all of you and I’m really looking forward to 3.0. Cheers!

Toggle replies
helper
26/08/2017 at 21:48

Hi Mattia!

Browsing through the website I found a few things, which I’ve listed below. I have to say that the website has a nice feeling, looks great and suits the DIY vibe of Precious Plastic in my opinion. Great!

– To be able ‘to spread the information to every corner of the world’, I’m currently missing the common social media share buttons below news items. Besides that I don’t see any buttons to go directly to the social media pages. I don’t know if this is done on purpose to keep visitors on this website without having them wandering off again, but it’s all about sharing right?

– That’s what I currently miss the most, a direct link to the forums/community where we share our knowledge and help and inspire eachother, what I think is one of the most important strenghts of Precious Plastic.

– To boost donating such as with Patreon or via https://davehakkens.nl/donate/preciousplastic/, there could be added a Donate button at the menu which will be fully visible.

– Below ‘6. Community’ the , could be gone between other and and.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/plan/, under the ‘What can be made’ the ‘show creations’ button isn’t currently in the middle like the rest of the page.

– At the same page the two buttons at the top aren’t yet linked to the right pages.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/machines/, under ‘Features’ it says ‘built yourself’, this is the simple past form and as we are trying to inspire to build the machines themselves, it should be ‘build yourself’. It’s the same for the text under ‘Inclusive’ where it should be build instead of built.

– At the same page under ‘Modular’ you could delete the , before or at the end. Same under ‘Inclusive’: the , between tools and universal parts. Even better in my opinion could be changing that text to: >The machines can be build all over the world by using basic materials, tools and universal parts.< But that’s just me haha!

– Under ‘Extrusion’ same for the , that could be taken away between mold and or used.

– I see a pattern now. A lost , between lathes and or. Under ‘Build them yourself’ between yourself and or perhaps, there’s one too.

– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/creations/, under ‘Patterns’ there’s a lost , between patterns and or.

– About the website overall, sometimes there’s not a dot after a sentence, sometimes there is. I saw this on the creations page and maybe it’s good to go choose one particular style for the whole website to help getting a fluent and consistent look and professional website. It’s a little detail, but I’m a 100% type of guy when it comes to this.

– In the bottom header the fancy spacy ‘A project by Dave Hakkens’ link currently doesn’t direct us to Dave’s website.

That’s it for now I guess. Note that I’m not a native English speaker and please correct me if I’m wrong in any of the above suggestions I made concerning language used. Keep up the good work you all and I’m looking forward to 3.0. Cheers!

Toggle replies
dedicated
11/09/2017 at 11:28

Hey @rowine,

Yhe parts of the website are a little buggy by now as we had to change a few things since we launched v2.
All the rest is noted, thanks man!
Much appreciated

Toggle replies
dedicated
14/09/2017 at 07:25

@mattia-io, not for the website though, but

Looking at the pattern:

User registers > Users posts a question without searching first

I thought that it might be a good idea to add something like ‘Getting started’ subpage for this forum.
Or that might be unnecessary.

Toggle replies
helper
16/10/2017 at 17:04

Hi @mattia-io
Great job on the new website!
I noticed on this page that in the first sentence the link to the bazar is actually a link to the map. I got a bit confused by this and it took me some time to find the actual Bazar.
On first sight I think there’s more of these super great features in the new website which are now a bit hidden it seems. But I haven’t properly checked it out yet, so I’ll try to get back to you on that, if you’re interested.

Toggle replies
dedicated
16/10/2017 at 19:38

hey @siemenc,

Thanks for that 😉
Overlooked it. Generally, we want to keep the Bazar not too prominent as we’re not really sure how it will go and want to roll it out slowly.

Keep sending bugs and errors as you spot them.
Thanks!

Mattia

Toggle replies
starter
17/10/2017 at 04:23

Compliments with the new web site. Looking really good and the new content is extremely helpful!

I will report links that might not be correct:
From this page the link to “Dave Hakkens forums”

Toggle replies
new
17/10/2017 at 12:32

@mattia-io A map bug – I tried to add a pin to the map. The instructions say to “click and drag the pin” onto my location on the map, but there is no pin to click. I input my address, but that didn’t do anything. I’m using firefox.

Toggle replies
warrior
20/10/2017 at 04:19

Hello guys
Just wanted to make you aware that the Signup/Login facebook integration on the Bazar is not working

Toggle replies
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.