New website V3
As you probably know we’re working full on to launch Version 3 by the end of October. And I am in the exciting process of redesigning the website.
Before jumping right into it I thought it might be good idea to ask you, the ones who use it most, for advice and recommendations.
Is there anything you would like to see or not see on the new website?
Anything you particularly loved and couldn’t live without?
Or something you totally hated and couldn’t possibly stand or understand?
Was there any tasks you struggled to achieve?
Or anything that didn’t make sense at all?
Let me know your thoughts and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs 🙂
*Only refer to preciousplastic.com not davehakkens.nk
Browsing through the website I found a few things, which I’ve listed below. I have to say that the website has a nice feeling, looks great and suits the DIY vibe of Precious Plastic in my opinion. Great!
– To be able ‘to spread the information to every corner of the world’, I’m currently missing the common social media share buttons below news items. Besides that I don’t see any buttons to go directly to the social media pages. I don’t know if this is done on purpose to keep visitors on this website without having them wandering off again, but it’s all about sharing right?
– That’s what I currently miss the most, a direct link to the forums/community where we share our knowledge and help and inspire eachother, what I think is one of the most important strenghts of Precious Plastic.
– To boost donating such as with Patreon or via https://davehakkens.nl/donate/preciousplastic/, there could be added a Donate button at the menu which will be fully visible.
– Below ‘6. Community’ the , could be gone between other and and.
– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/plan/, under the ‘What can be made’ the ‘show creations’ button isn’t currently in the middle like the rest of the page.
– At the same page the two buttons at the top aren’t yet linked to the right pages.
– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/machines/, under ‘Features’ it says ‘built yourself’, this is the simple past form and as we are trying to inspire to build the machines themselves, it should be ‘build yourself’. It’s the same for the text under ‘Inclusive’ where it should be build instead of built.
– At the same page under ‘Modular’ you could delete the , before or at the end. Same under ‘Inclusive’: the , between tools and universal parts. Even better in my opinion could be changing that text to: >The machines can be build all over the world by using basic materials, tools and universal parts.< But that’s just me haha!
– Under ‘Extrusion’ same for the , that could be taken away between mold and or used.
– I see a pattern now. A lost , between lathes and or. Under ‘Build them yourself’ between yourself and or perhaps, there’s one too.
– At the page: https://preciousplastic.com/en/creations/, under ‘Patterns’ there’s a lost , between patterns and or.
– About the website overall, sometimes there’s not a dot after a sentence, sometimes there is. I saw this on the creations page and maybe it’s good to go choose one particular style for the whole website to help getting a fluent and consistent look and professional website. It’s a little detail, but I’m a 100% type of guy when it comes to this.
– In the bottom header the fancy spacy ‘A project by Dave Hakkens’ link currently doesn’t direct us to Dave’s website.
That’s it for now I guess. Note that I’m not a native English speaker and please correct me if I’m wrong in any of the above suggestions I made concerning language used. Keep up the good work you all and I’m looking forward to 3.0. Cheers!Toggle replies
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.