We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

New York City area?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Toby Wu 1 month ago.

Rob shaggyrecluse

New York City area?

28/03/2018 at 19:50

I’m in the New York City area, (Astoria Queens). I have a space in Brooklyn with a shipping container, a little bit of money, and am capable of building the equipment.

Interested in collaborating with anyone interested in getting started.

17 replies
7 subscribers
2 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: New York City area?

dedicated
29/03/2018 at 17:47

Hi @shaggyrecluse

Im in North New Jersey, I can help you with any questions you have
I also created a Precious Plastic USA Facebook group, you are welcome to join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/293443417731185/

new
24/04/2018 at 19:29

Hey there – I’m in! Where in the process are you?

new
21/04/2019 at 19:52

I’m in Brooklyn, looking to connect with people locally.

starter
23/04/2019 at 22:15

Hi!
Just joined this community would love to get going on this with some NYC people. I’m also in Brooklyn!

starter
24/04/2019 at 21:47

Hi @shaggyrecluse,
I realize you posted your message a year ago, did you end up making your machine?
I’m located in Brooklyn and interested in making a plastic shredder. From watching the videos and reading all the information it seems more complex than what I am capable of and I’m concerned I might struggle with the welding parts. Let me know if you’re interested to collaborate, or if you could provide some helpful information or tips.

starter
24/04/2019 at 23:12

Hi @hancmcd !
I have some welding experience (needs to be brushed up on) and would love to make a shredder. I don’t have access to any equipment though, but if anyone else has I’m sure we could make it work?  I’m also in bk.

helper
03/05/2019 at 01:49

Hi, I am trying to start a workspace in the Westchester NY area. Not too far from your location. Let me know if any of you would like to collaborate. I will leave a link to my post here.

new
03/05/2019 at 01:50

It looks like there are at least a few of us in the area who are interested in figuring this out!

starter
08/05/2019 at 05:19

Hi there,
I’m also in the NYC area (LES) and super interested in joining the team! Maybe we can all organize a time/day to get together and chat?

helper
13/05/2019 at 02:10

Hi, @jnnchw @taylortaylor @lilklein @hancmcd @elanag @dreek00 @shaggyrecluse
Does anyone want to have a Skype call next Sunday to talk about collaborating? if so, please PM me.

helper
16/05/2019 at 01:42

Hi all, Skype call is happening Sunday at 4:30! Please PM me for details.

hope you can join,
Ilan

starter
11/06/2019 at 17:40

Hey apologies that I’m a little late to this discussion. I’m a designer and engineer experienced with plastic manufacturing, and I have a strong desire to work on a Precious Plastic project but no ability to build it in my apartment. Can I join in? What’s the status after your call?

Best,
Ross

starter
11/06/2019 at 19:09

Hey @rossbergman! We didn’t actually have the call as no one else responded. However, I tried to get in touch with Dave Marin (who is a professor at Parsons and has the machinery in his classroom). I haven’t had any luck getting a response yet.

helper
12/06/2019 at 01:46

Hi, Does anyone want to try again for a call? I have a lot of interest and some space in my garage. I have been trying to find someone with welding experience and equipment to work on an extruder. I have been modifying a paper/CD/credit card shredder to shred plastic in. I would be happy to collaborate!

starter
12/06/2019 at 17:31

I’m in, how does this weekend work? Maybe Saturday or Sunday morning around 10am? I can send out a google hangout link.

helper
12/06/2019 at 22:25

Great! Either one works for me. if you PM me I will give you my email.

starter
17/06/2019 at 03:31

Hi! I just moved to NYC. I’m trying to meet other people interested in PP as well. Seems like I just missed the google hangout. It would be great if someone could fill me in! I’ve also tried to reach out to Dave Marin without any luck, but I was able to get in touch with one of his students. It seems like the Parsons machines are mainly reserved for students, but it could be possible to get access.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.