We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Newbie from the US

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stan 3 weeks ago.

Lisa Carter anomaly

Newbie from the US

11/11/2019 at 05:59

Hi,
I am interested in learning ways to recycle and repurpose plastic. I am currently seeking access to the downloadable blueprint for the Shredder, but I am having no luck with the download. If anyone is able to assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.y plan is to develop a model that operates on human energy versus a battery or electricity.

Thank you,

Anomaly

7 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Newbie from the US

starter
11/11/2019 at 15:26

What happens on the page with the download button?

https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/download.html

warrior
11/11/2019 at 19:28

@anomaly , For human powered shredder, there are several threads, including this one https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/bicycle-shredder-costs-work-in-progress . Note the great video by @thetank at the end.
Just curious, have you built one of the other machines? The shredder is not always needed right away.

new
11/11/2019 at 21:50

@s2019 Thank you for sharing the link to the human powered shredder. To answer your question, no I have not attempted to build any of the other machines as of yet. I am really new to the concept of creating merchandise from plastic, and after exploring the idea, I thought that the human powered shredder would be more cost effective start for me.
What might you recommend, instead of starting with the shredder?

new
11/11/2019 at 22:05

@tedzeman I just tried it from my desktop and it pulled up fine. I guess the document was too large for my phone. Thanks for checking on the situation!

warrior
11/11/2019 at 22:39

@anomaly , The shredder doesn’t recycle anything, it is just an intermediate step. It is also one of the more difficult/expensive things to build. You should check out what Precious Plastic Latvia https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/precious-plastic-latvia/ have been doing. on their youtube channel they have a great video of the bicycle drive shredder in action.

If you are new to plastic recycling, take a look in the Bazar at what people are producing. For the press machine, the molds if any, are relatively simple. For the injection machine the molds can be more intricate (and expensive). The extrusion machine needs small chips (i.e. shredded). The other machines can accept larger, hand cut pieces.

Depending on what you think you want to produce as a final product, and your resources, then pick the machines to start with.

Good luck

starter
14/11/2019 at 16:06

Picking up Oven this weekend. I am going to start the Compression build first. It seems the easiest to build. Plus I got a MIG welder coming Friday.

warrior
14/11/2019 at 18:01

@tedzeman , Sounds great. start a build thread, I’m sure there will be interest.
If this will be indoors, plan for a fume vent approach.

Have fun

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪