We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

No-engine shredder

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Slab 2 years ago.

René reneeke

No-engine shredder

25/03/2017 at 14:26

I’m in India with close to zero resources to make the Shredder. the lasercut parts i’m ordering from a company in Bangalore, and since this whole idea is about sustainability, I wanted to do it without the engine! so my question is:

I need to get a small gear with a lot of torque. Does anybody know how to set up gears to gain as much as torque possible, but also make the shredder go about 50-70 rpm?

5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: No-engine shredder

warrior
25/03/2017 at 14:46

@reneeke hey im a machine builder from India, you can contact me at [email protected] if you need some help

starter
25/03/2017 at 14:49

Hey Sharma-Sagar,

Are you located in Karnataka, close to Chamrajnagar / Mysore?

warrior
25/03/2017 at 15:00

@reneeke no I am located in Jalna, Maharashtra

helper
26/03/2017 at 12:52

hey reneeke,
maybe you can use a handle instead of a machine? the longer the handle the more power. I don think its enough power to shred thicker plastic but for sure you can shred thinner plastic like plastic-cups

Attachments:

warrior
28/03/2017 at 20:45

Hey @reneeke, I’m busy developing/prototyping a shredder that will hopefully be powerful enough to at least shred a couple bottle caps if not thicker plastics.
I have used some plywood pulleys sheaths and a bicycle wheel to give me a 1:5 system. There are some different sizes that should also allow me to add a washing machine motor maybe mechanize it.

Hope this helps, or inspires you to try something else ^^

Attachments:
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.