We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

ocean plastic

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 1 year ago.

carolina sevilla cari

ocean plastic

25/01/2018 at 18:57

Hello guys,

I have few questions, hope you can help me.

1.Can we use degraded plastic from the oceans in this machines?
2. Do you recommend a specific machine for this type of plastic? we want to make all types of objects, from jewelry to house beams.
3. Have someone from the community had experience with plastic from the oceans? for us to contact them directly.

Thank you so much,

Carolina and Mauricio

1 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: ocean plastic

hero
26/01/2018 at 20:25

Welcome to Precious Plastic @cari

1.Can we use degraded plastic from the oceans in this machines?

Of course 🙂

2. Do you recommend a specific machine for this type of plastic? we want to make all types of objects, from jewelry to house beams.

The shredder works perfectly with hard plastic but bags are a little troublesome to shred. If you plan to recycle plastic bags, you can either use a heat press to convert them into sheets and then shred them, or you can just fuse them with an iron and sew them to make bags. More info here:

working with PLASTIC BAGS

Today I made a sewn bag a la Bjorn!

3. Have someone from the community had experience with plastic from the oceans? for us to contact them directly.

Yes, Oscar García ( @coge3 ) has a foundation named “Coge3” and they have some experience handling plastic collected from the ocean/beaches. At the end of the day, plastic gathered from the oceans is still plastic, so it can be processed just like any other. You can find more information about his organization here:

Hello from Galicia, Spain

Pura vida

Olivier

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪