We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Offering Funding , Grant and Planning Help

Will Huse whuse

Offering Funding , Grant and Planning Help

15/02/2018 at 18:02

Hey guys,
I’ve been posting on the forums and have had a few people reach out to me about grants for Precious Plastic Workspaces. I’m a Business Administration student at UNCW and Treasure for the Plastic Ocean Project. I’ve had about 8 years experience in working with non-profits and environmental non-profits. I’ve just put in two grant requests for funding for machines and If that goes through with help through local businesses I’ll have a fully operational workspace within 2 months.

What’s your point?

I’ve seen a lot of people post that they want to start a workspace but like Dave said, It can be a bit overwhelming to start one yourself. One of the main roadblocks is planning and funding. If you need some ideas, help mapping out a plan or just need someone to consult with about getting started in the process, feel free to message me for advice. I am still a student and by no means an expert but this is what I’m very passionate and knowledgeable about and I’m ready help in any way I can.

Thanks for reading,
Will

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
dedicated
20/02/2018 at 18:24

@whuse Hi! you can check my post on where to get the shredder parts also this company is offering big discounts on shredder parts if more than one set is ordered

http://onearmy.world/community/forums/topic/usa-new-price-for-shredder-parts

I invite youto join “Precious Plastic USA” group on Facebook there is a lot of people there that want to start to but they dont have the funds
http://www.facebook.com/groups/293443417731185/

starter
22/02/2018 at 05:42

Hi Will,

Your offer to assist with grant proposals is a great asset to the community! I’m currently in the process of starting a recycling business and could use some help with this subject matter. Do you have a template or a “how to” guide for requesting funding?

Thanks for your help 🙂

new
09/03/2018 at 05:43

Hi Will,
I’m Charity and I’m moving June 1st. to Lacey, WA. USA. I have experience in sale’s, people skills, working swap meets, designing many things and management skills as well as a top notch trainer. I have accomplice many different thing in my life! I’m Now disable and not done yet!!! What do you say are my chances of getting this going with a grant? I have a sister and her adult son there to help. And I’m sure I can get some young persons to go along with this worthy plan. At the near by collage? What do you say!!!!

starter
09/03/2018 at 15:10

Hello, I would like some advice as well specially in areas like how to convince people to the idea of recycling?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪