We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Online shop – shredded plastic?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Arno 6 days ago.

Flo flo-2

Online shop – shredded plastic?

16/02/2017 at 15:58

Hello out there!

Currently, I am trying to find sources for the parts for the shredder I will build, however I soon realised that with a shredder alone, I cannot do much. Shreddered plastic looks and feels nice for sure, but just to have it standing around is not worth spending multiple 100$. So the one possibility is to build at least a second machne to turn the flakes into something.
But the other possibility, that came to mind was this:
Sell the recycled plastic for a fair price (Energy cost and a bit of working time + a tiny fraction machine cost) sort of like in an online shop and ship it out to people who then create stuff with it

A few pro’s:
+ People who want to design things can focus on the other three machines and don’t need to build their own shredder.
+ More people can get started with preciousplastic, because it gets more affordable
+ I can use my shredder more efficiently
+ This could also be an idea for a business plan for PP 3.0

So what do you think of this idea?
Also, if you are potentially interested in buying pre-shredded plastic, please reply, send me a private message just so I can see, if there is a potential market for this at all. 😀

7 replies
2 subscribers
2 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
helper
16/02/2017 at 20:32

Hey @flo-2
I’ve posted a request for exactly this in other threads.

I have an injection mold, but not time to source recycled materials. I’m very interrested in buying your plastic.
Mainly PP and PE, color sorted and shredded to size roughly around 3-4 mm^2. Quality has to be good; i.e. no dirt, labels, stickers, glue and nice and dry.

If you can deliver, i’m ready to buy.

helper
16/02/2017 at 23:21

great ! if you need some kg of chopped plastic send me a Private Message

new
25/09/2017 at 17:59

Did you get much feed back? I think your idea is awesome and hope people buy from you

Scott

dedicated
27/09/2017 at 15:53

Dear Flo, look like you’re reading our minds..
Keep tuned for v3 😀

warrior
27/09/2017 at 22:26

@wecantecycleni Thanks! Well, not really, a few people have shown interest in the past, but my shredder wasn’t built back then, now I hve the tools but interest seems to be gone :p
@mattia-io haha yes, I’m looking forward to it (already seen some stuff, really really amazing! Huge thumbs up!).

new
30/06/2018 at 22:58

Hi! I would be very interested in buying sheddered plastic from you to use for a design project.

Are you still working on this?

starter
12/07/2018 at 23:17

Hi Jiska, I’m from Zwolle and have mastered the shredding part already.. If you need shredded HDPE or PP I can help..

PM me for more info..

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.