We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Opportunity @ The Green Shed Pembrokeshire

Tagged: 

The Green Shed thegreenshed

Opportunity @ The Green Shed Pembrokeshire

08/04/2018 at 16:01

Hi

We are a group of like minded individuals in Merlin’s Bridge, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales – all concerned with reducing waste. We have set up the Green Shed Project. Please see our twitter page @thegreen_shed. We are opening a new re-use building in the summer of 2018.

We are excited to let you know that there will be a plastic recycling studio within the new building. We have funding for plastic recycling equipment and we are looking to offer the space to a group interested in starting up a community social enterprise.

The space will be offered at an affordable rate to help get the project up and running. We also have a shop within the building where the group can sell the re-created items that they make.

Are you interested? We welcome local designers, engineers, anybody ‘local’ with the experience and skills to build the equipment, and waste conscious community groups or individuals keen to help raise awareness about the importance of reuse. We want this to be a project that will involve our local community in reducing waste, and getting involved in the reuse of plastic.

Attachments:
5 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
hero
17/04/2018 at 20:19

Welcome to Precious Plastic @thegreenshed
I could not find any active members from Pembrokeshire here in the Forum but I found several interested people in our map:

@clarebutler

@westcoastsurf

@jahska

@diaryoftheec

@akalou

@kevpembs

Regards

new
26/04/2018 at 10:46

Hello! I work alongside Fab Lab Pembs in Pembroke Dock – The project sounds interesting, do you have a website/further info?

new
26/04/2018 at 11:34

Hello there, Sorry to have only just seen this message!… Yes, Precious Plastics are interested in this proposal, I briefly met with Neil Hulme from Frame yesterday and expressed my interest, as well as the lovely Michelle from Fab-Lab who also replied to this message. I would be interested in further discussions as to the exact details of the proposal, as well as how Precious Plastics, The Green Shed and Fab-Lab can work together….please take my private details for contact: [email protected] 07475460319 Perhaps we could arrange a meeting? Exciting stuff! All the best 🙂

starter
02/06/2018 at 04:13

Sounds like you guys are the right people to start talking with :D. [email protected]

starter
17/07/2018 at 18:15

Hi. What an exciting project! I work at Swansea University on a project that addresses use of plastics by developing skincare packaging from plants, and also commoditising negative value waste through enhanced recycling and manufacturing processes. I would like to explore opportunities to use this space to network with like-minded people, and to design and make recycled skincare accessories. It looks awesome!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪