Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Our wooden shredder on 220V | SHRED 'N MOLD

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Olivier 4 days ago.

Shred ‘n Mold shredandmold

Our wooden shredder on 220V | SHRED 'N MOLD

11/11/2017 at 20:06

We finally fully finished our shredder (it took us about a year :D). We used an 220V electric engine and an BEKVÄM kitchen cart from IKEA.

220V because…
…we want to be able to shred on every location where we can find a power plug. The machine is not SUPERSTRONG, but is able to shred most kinds of plastics with a little help.

Kitchen cart because…
… we don’t know how to weld. But, we had to make it stronger by using steel sections. So it’s a bit heavy now :P.

The wooden boxes are used for storage and to collect the flakes.

Attachments:
starter
11/11/2017 at 22:57

You guys did a great job. Now I have a few options to figure out how to do my shredder.

Toggle replies
warrior
11/11/2017 at 23:20

Look neat! Does the shredded plastic falls directly into the container underneath?

Toggle replies
starter
11/11/2017 at 23:37

I have no knowledge of motors and need help. Would this motor work for the shredder? It looks like it’s missing something. Please help.

Attachments:
Toggle replies
dedicated
13/11/2017 at 01:21

Suuuuper nice shredder!
Always love to see existing products being used for the machines – makes it another bit easier for everyone to build them (as they can easily copy this trick) 🙂

Good one with the kitchen cart, so now you have a mobile version on top!
Doesn’t it move a lot while shredding though?

Toggle replies
warrior
16/11/2017 at 03:52

That shredder frame looks gorgeous, congratulations 🙂

@elizabethpoll The motor seems to be 1 1/2HP which is not enough. My recommendation is to get either a 220v 3HP+ monophase motor, or a 2HP+ triphase motor.

Toggle replies
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.