We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Bio Intensive and Permaculture

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adrien Luitot 1 year ago.

Adrien Luitot adrienluitot

Bio Intensive and Permaculture

18/07/2018 at 23:30

Hey !
First, I find your project sooooooooooooooooo cool !!
I didn’t start to read the topics on the forum but I will probably do it soon.

So, for your kamp I propose an idea. For fruits and vegetables, it’s the permaculture (this word is used in french I don’t if it exists in english) and to simply explain it, it’s a durable culture whithout chimical things. The idea is to make a culture that during for ever (or near :p).
There is many things on the internet about that. I know a very good french (but you can maybe put the subtitles and use the auto translate) youtube channel on the subject which is named “ma ferme autonome“.
There is many other channels but this one is good.

So that it for the moment !

6 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
warrior
18/07/2018 at 23:46

The word “Permaculture” is well known in English.

Bill Mollinson originally claimed to have copyrighted it – but copyright doesn’t work for an idea…  😉

helper
18/07/2018 at 23:54

Nice thank you !

Okay, I didn’t know. Yes it doesn’t feel to work ^^

warrior
19/07/2018 at 00:02

Some people reckon that the “Biointensive method” is the best way to feed people from a small area of land.  Sometimes known as Calorie Farming.

Attachments:
helper
19/07/2018 at 00:16

Seems very good !I saw that is a bit based on the permaculture.

I’ll edit the topic name.

warrior
20/07/2018 at 18:37

I’ve been trying some small vegetable-growing experiments over the last couple of years – after eventually moving somewhere with a tiny bit of available space in the back garden.  Although I’ve not really had enough spare time to devote to the garden, so the results have been highly variable (mostly bad!)  😉

However, one lesson seems to be that one of the few home-grown plants that has any real chance of keeping you alive, especially in my climate (northern England), is the humble potato.

Another plant that has impressed me, in that it is easy to grow, and quite productive, is Buckwheat. It isn’t eaten much in the UK, but has long been a staple in Russia.  However, France seems to be the country that manages to grow the largest amount on buckwheat per hectare – and I’d be interested to know how French agriculture has managed that.

One thing I would like to try next year is interplanting the three sisters – maize, beans & squash. I know that maize is not supposed to do well at my latitude – but my garden faces south, and is sheltered from high winds, so it might just work 😉

helper
20/07/2018 at 22:19

Very nice so you’ll can help Dave about that I think 😉
I think potato is very easy to grow in most part of the world, so I’m not very suprised of that ! Which size does they have ? Can I have pictures of your plantations.

Yes buckwheat seems to be eatena lot (mostly by “healthy people” ^^). I’ve ever taste buckwheat flour in bread or crispbread, and  “like” it.

Good luck for the three sisters :p

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪