We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

PET Flakes

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by mark.
Kent grotkjaer kentg

PET Flakes

24/04/2018 at 11:12

Does any one have a idea about if we could produce PET flakes and sell onto larger producers? (I assume there would be a market price for this kind of commodity material?)

This way we could setup small unites that will directly chip/flake all the PET bottles and it could easier be send onto a more efficient downstream production.
By doing this we make most possible impact with least possible work and might even be able to break even financially (Not losing too much money trying to help the environment)

I am thinking to setup “PET Flaking” on small turist islands in Indonesia where there is problems with the waste from the turist them self as well as what is washing up on shore.

Indonesia have 250 million people, they drink a lot of water from PET bottles and my guess would be less than 5% of the bottles would be recycled.

Any ideas?

1 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: PET Flakes

dedicated
24/04/2018 at 13:09

You can try this site https://www.go4worldbusiness.com/find?searchText=plastic-pellets&BuyersOrSuppliers=buyers
One thing to keep in mind is if you want to sell plastic, people buy it in granules not flake and will want it to be of highest quality.
GoodLuck!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪