We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plant pots- recycled plastic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Graham 4 weeks ago.

Sherifa Jaber sherifajab

Plant pots- recycled plastic

31/08/2019 at 16:55

Hello everyone,
i’m a gardening blogger and a huge activist of eco friendly living. I was wondering if you think my idea would work.
Most plant starter pots are plastic (yes their are eco friendly alternatives but i find them to be very flimsy especially the one that are made of cardboard- i’ve noticed with experience that most form a layer of mold mainly because if the water that is needed to water the seedlings)
so i was wondering if it would be feasible to take recycled plastic and create molds of different pot sizes.

2 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
new
04/09/2019 at 13:14

Hi there.
We are in the process of doing just that actually. It’s still on development, so if you’d like to offer any suggestions I’d be happy to hear them.
We have recycled plastic granules and are using an environmentally friendly bonding agent, and we have that part pegged. Would like to hear what kind of applications (types of pot, pot sizes, and details) you think would be useful.
Happy to send you a good selection to try out when they’re ready.

new
16/10/2019 at 14:57

I was looking to discuss this specifically.  Is there any leaching, anything that would be harmful to the water table, from using recycled plastic for a garden?
Is there also the potential of harming fruits and veggies?
I would think raised planters, wall hangers, pots, etc would look amazing and would have such an appeal for retail…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪