We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic are not melted in injection process

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stan 1 month ago.

Ilham ilham

Plastic are not melted in injection process

30/04/2019 at 09:18

Hiii everyone..

My team already finished the injection machine and ready for testing, once we proceed with testing the plastic(flakes) that we put in the injection machine and in this case a pipe. Once we inject, the plastic that came out is not perfectly melted, only the outer part is melted but the middle does not. Perhaps our method is wrong and there might be something else.

1) What lead to this?

2) Any suggestion would be helpful

Thank You..

Attachments:
3 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
new
30/04/2019 at 11:13

looks like a lot of mixed plastic types ? i see PET and others, you can’t mix it that way 🙂
heating up the plastic in the injection can take quite long, up to 20 mins …
g

starter
30/04/2019 at 11:26

my team already separate the plastic according to their types unless we make mistake along the way.. Anyway, about heating the plastic, do u mean heating the pipe 20 minutes then put the plastic in? Or heating the plastic for 20 minutes in the pipe then inject them out?
Thanks for replying..

dedicated
30/04/2019 at 19:29

When I use my injection machine, there is the initial warm up of the machine but there is also quite a bit of time spent waiting for the plastic to melt and compacting it to get the air out. For compaction, the nozzle is blocked off or capped, plastic is loaded in and pressure applied. I repeat this a number of times until the volume is filled with melted plastic. Depending on the size of the machine this can easily take 20-30 min.

Hope this helps

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.