We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic bag and packaging plastic ( pyrolysis?)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adrien Luitot 4 months ago.

Sidhy Muhammad Ferrash ferrash

Plastic bag and packaging plastic ( pyrolysis?)

27/07/2018 at 12:57

Plastic bag and packaging plastic.Hello guys

I m ferrash from Indonesia. I m  glad that I can join this forum as my interest is  plastic recycling. But IMHO  plastic recycling mostly focused on bottle,cup , shampoo tube (hard container) and some other kind of   plastic sheet. How about plastic bag and food and snack packaging ? I think most of them are less attractive for the practitioner of plastic recycling.Do any one here   know where in Jakarta area which  perform such process ?  I need to learn the process,thanks

Attachments:
8 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
helper
29/07/2018 at 00:04

Hi @ferrash !
Plastic bags are like other plastic objects you can melt them like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV6Zp9i0mOc
They are often in LDPE, but I don’t know if it’s the same in indonesia. You could also check which type of plastic are they with multiple ways.

An other advantage with plastic bag is that you can iron them between baker sheet (?) llike in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4vmfVlm2k
With this way you can do a lot things like wallet, bags, …
You can do very nice stuff 😉

helper
29/07/2018 at 17:49

Oh and you are in the wrong forum, you’re in “General > Meet each other”, but you should be in “Precious Plastic > Questions” 😉

new
09/08/2018 at 11:26

Hei Ferrash, Saya fahmi dari Indonesia juga, saya dan teman saya lagi mau coba metode yg di tunjukan sama dave di https://youtu.be/LV6Zp9i0mOc semoga ini bisa membantu yah, sekarang lagi mau coba bungkus mi instant, sama bungkus kopi yang saya dapatkan dari warkop yang ada di kota saya.

semoga menjawab.

helper
10/08/2018 at 01:45

Please @ipamisme write in english, we can’t undersrand anything …

starter
12/08/2018 at 16:33

Dear @ipamisme and @adrienluitot .

Thanks for the respond  and sorry its quite  a long time not to see this page. Actualy I m bit bizzy to elaborate a project with my sister. I and my sister were running a free kindergarten for the poor, but now  they were not free anymore. They must pay  the fee . we take  used plastic  and used paper as the payment. We find it’s difficult then  but we hope we can overcome this situation. O Btw @adrienluitot . do you  have some information about the pyrolysis  process ,  has any of dave hakken project member  started to initiate the pyrolysis process ? I need some information about the practice and result (cost and income) of this process. Some day  I wish I can do such  process  because  if this process worth to elaborate  may be pyrolysis is the answer of  Jakartas  plastic  waste problem

Attachments:
starter
12/08/2018 at 16:41

Dear @ipamisme and @adrienluitot .

Thanks for the respond  and sorry its quite  a long time not to see this page. Actualy I m bit bizzy to elaborate a project with my sister. I and my sister were running a free kindergarten for the poor, but now  they were not free anymore. They must pay  the fee . we take  used plastic  and used paper as the payment. We find it’s difficult then  but we hope we can overcome this situation. O Btw @adrienluitot . do you  have some information about the pyrolysis  process ,  has any of dave hakken project member  started to initiate the pyrolysis process ? I need some information about the practice and result (cost and income) of this process. Some day  I wish I can do such  process  because  if this process worth to elaborate  may be pyrolysis is the answer of  Jakartas  plastic  waste problem

Attachments:
new
12/08/2018 at 16:42

@adrienluitot sorry.
@ferrash i dont know the exact cost, im just about to start the project with my friend later this week, but this method is quite easy and cheap its up to you to make the mold.

helper
12/08/2018 at 21:49

@ipamisme No problem and thanks you !
@ferrash It’s a good project ! Keep continue it !
For the pyrolysis I don’t think that some one here start to making a machine for that but some people talked about it. You can search here :  https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/search/ You’ll certainly find something 😉
And you’re not obligate to recycle it you could maybe give a second life. Pyrolysis is in tires is that it ? So Search how you can recycle them 😉 I’m sure that you’ll find a lot of idea on internet ;p

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.