We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic Bricks

This topic contains 32 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month ago.

Luiza luizafazzio

Plastic Bricks

10/05/2018 at 22:38

Hello everyone,

I was reading the topics and comments on the Forum and there are a lot of discussions about plastic bricks, lego houses and so on. Because I am supposed to begin some tests making bricks with PET powder, I decided to write a new topic for this subject. The bricks are not 100% plastic because it should be very resistant to be a house’s structure.

I would like to know if someone has already started this tests or projects building houses with these bricks. Let’s share ideas, “brick recipes” and molds inspirations.

If the molds work like lego toys, it would be much cheaper and sustainable. I really like this kind of bricks (https://www.facebook.com/JungleVT/videos/687153871457299/). They are wood bricks, but work pretty well.

Let’s recycle and make the difference!
Cheers šŸ™‚

32 replies
10 subscribers
3 saved
7 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Plastic Bricks

new
23/02/2019 at 05:28

Can someone calculate the approximate cost for the plastic brick machinery ?

In reply to: Plastic Bricks

new
23/02/2019 at 10:57

for around 10000 – 20000 + Euro any well equipped machine shop could do a near full-automatic brick machine: hopper -> shredder -> large extruder -> heated pipe acting as deposit -> hydraulic press -> cut off. takes 1-2 months to build. such system would be 2 – 3 meter long and about 300 Kg.

Viewing 2 replies - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.