We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic Moulds // Remove the plastic from a mould

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Stan.
ARPINO martabarros

Plastic Moulds // Remove the plastic from a mould

24/04/2019 at 18:25

Hello Again community!

Do you use or know about any material to make easier the process of taking out the plastic from the moulds? Something that works like olive oil in baking trays?
I hope you can help me with some new tips as always.
Thank you 🙂

4 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
25/04/2019 at 14:38

Hi, I think silicon lub (if you do not need to paint) or maybe professional spray without silicon

Attachments:
starter
02/05/2019 at 16:39

Hi,

We had difficulty getting the plastic out of the bowl mould – it kept getting stuck on the inner mould.

We let the plastic cool right down and did use a mould release but we found that it still stuck. We put the stuck mould in the fridge to take any heat out of it, took it out after 10 mins and poured boiling water directly onto the plastic (took two kettles), the water managed to expand the plastic enough that we were able to lever the plastic off without damaging the bowl or the mould. Still took some elbow grease to lever it off but it came off with a bit of encouragement.

Hope others find this technique useful.

Thanks
Kate

The Litterbug Project – Precious Plastics Staffordshire, UK

Attachments:
helper
02/05/2019 at 21:13

what type of plastic do you work? at what temperature do you set the oven?

warrior
02/05/2019 at 21:46

Are the inside walls of your part straight? Maybe there is a slight lip on the bottom of the inner mold. Maybe polish the inner mold to a smooth surface?

@ezeturk
the material and temperature are noted on the picture of the bowl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪