We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic sensor

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Clement Holm Hempel 6 months ago.

Anandhu anandhu

Plastic sensor

11/01/2018 at 20:19

Hloo .

I am try to make machin to collet the wast bottles so i need a sensor to dectect platic bottles but ..

Barcoad reading sensor is a possible .it not possible to all bottles

In our city most of the peoples throw the bottles after use ..some of them crus it ..some of the take out the sticker ss.
No idea how can i .

How i can sencs the bottles for recycling,?

6 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Plastic sensor

starter
11/01/2018 at 20:19

I want to know how we can identyfy plastic bottles and recyclable plastic by a sensor in low budget…..any one can help me i try to clean our city by every one without any effort … ..barcoad reading is possible but more of the wast bottles were crused ….

Making a machin

warrior
11/01/2018 at 20:29

still on our to do list as well! highly needed..

starter
12/01/2018 at 05:59

Global identification marks is a way to …

starter
12/01/2018 at 06:14

I am trying to make a mechin

But not to recycle …first i have to collet the bottles …so i tring to make a mechin that can sens plastic to collet it ..
One problem only …no sensor to plastic dectection..

dedicated
12/01/2018 at 12:01

you need many things a hyperspectral camera to detect different materials, a database to have all the spectral information to check against and a nir sensor to detect other plastics that the camera can not read like black plastics. Look at how the large companies recycle using this method.

helper
18/01/2018 at 22:20

A good starting point is to know the 3 or 4 main types of plastic, and to distinguish between them
HDPE: is somewhat soft, but still quite tough, it is commonly found in objects like pill botles
PP: has similar characteristics to HDPE, and can primarily be distinguished by the number 5 with three arrows around it
PET: Very hard and transparent, it is primarily used in water bottles. BUT it is rather difficult to work with, as the temperatures needed for melting it are quite high, and very specific.
There is also PVC, which is used in things like sewer pipe, i would steer clear of this however, as it contains chlorine, which could be released if treated improperly.

And on today’s totally unrelated (in this case not so) fun fact, containers full of chlorine was used as an early chemical weapon during world war 1 by the germans with the slight downside that if the winds would change, the chlorine gas cloud would hit the germans instead.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.