We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Plastic trash from Advertising/Marketing industry

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Haw Santiago 2 years ago.

Haw Santiago hawsan

Plastic trash from Advertising/Marketing industry

14/06/2017 at 08:24

Good day! I am new to the forums and have just discovered Dave’s videos on Youtube last week. I am very pleased and inspired to join the community in recycling plastic.

Anyway, I work in the advertising industry. Specifically in the fabrication of signages, large format printing etc. Most of the trash we have consist mainly of 4 types of plastics:

1. Acrylic a.k.a. Plexiglass/Acylite/Lucite/Perspex: Poly(methyl methacrylate)
I think this #7 on the recycling index as I cannot find any category to fit this in. We are also having trouble selling to recyclers as most of them do not accept it.

2. Vinyl Stickers: We print and cut lots of vinyl stickers. Most of the scraps are thrown away. We try to recycle some into packing tape as much as we can.

3. Sintra board: These are closed-cell PVC foam board used as backing for the vinyl sticker for posters on retail shops and other collaterals.

4. Tarpaulin: These are fibers laminated with PVC. They are mainly used in large format printing of billboards. The billboards themselves are recycled into regular tarp for covering and roofing by some. While the scraps (cut aways parts) are trashed.

Numbers 2,3, & 4, being vinyl, do they fall under #3 PVC?

I really want to help by finding a way on how to recycle these items especially #1, 2 and 3, as we have lots of them.

Regards,
-Haw

0 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Folks that were just here

Profile picture of Ayeth franco
    Profile picture of Dylan Hettick-Harlow
    Profile picture of Mike Ceballos Aragón
    Profile picture of Andrés Botero H.
    Profile picture of Jonathan
    Profile picture of LH3D
    Profile picture of dasol
    Profile picture of ppme
    Profile picture of Alice
    Profile picture of Nicolas
    Profile picture of Cansu