We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Pneumatic injection machine

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Riem 4 months ago.

Mark Riem markriem

Pneumatic injection machine

03/10/2018 at 05:07

I’ve been struggling trying to get consistent results injecting larger HDPE parts. Finally gave up trying longer handles and added a cylinder. I’m really happy with it.

I also modified the injection tube and made the plunger out of chrome plated shafting. Less friction on the plunger and it doesn’t get stuck in the tube anymore.

Attachments:
6 replies
2 subscribers
3 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
03/10/2018 at 09:00

wow looks neat! You have a video or something? Would love to see it running

starter
03/10/2018 at 15:51

I’ll work on making a video.

With the cylinder and adding a valve to the injection tube it’s possible to pressurize the system and do multiple injections by threading on a mould, open the valve, close the valve, repeat. The cylinder keeps advancing the plunger for you.

@davehakkens
Thanks for your hard work. The injection machine is simple, strong, easy to build and modify.

warrior
04/10/2018 at 19:42

you could use a barrel with larger diameter and bigger band heaters now that you have automatic pressing action to achieve parts with larger volume. the machine looks great though

warrior
05/10/2018 at 17:32

Nice adaptation!

That cylinder looks to have a pretty long stroke, you could make the arm on that side longer to get more leverage and more pressure. To get around the problem of the plunger rod being pushed off vertical, you could use a Hoekens (not Hakkens!) linkage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7P8wHf_gM

starter
05/10/2018 at 17:53

@andyn
Thanks, I’m going to build another machine, I think the Hoekens link will definitely be included.

starter
22/05/2019 at 22:29

Here is a video of the machine in action.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪