We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Portable desktop injection machine

Tagged: 

This topic contains 62 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pporg 5 days ago.

Anonymous

Portable desktop injection machine

27/01/2019 at 19:48

Hey guys,
it was suppose to be an easy thing I thought but I spent then 3 full days on it at the end, lots of hours on the lathe, 1-2 hours welding and a little bit on the mill. I wanted the best result possible, tight tolerances, smooth plunge and an easy to extrude plastic with a flexible nozzle. (btw. I can’t recommend building this without lathe or mill, it really wants it accurate to get a smooth plunge).

In the next iteration I will try to have it spring loaded which is pretty difficult as I noticed.

here you go, full metal desktop injection (some part are hardened to maintain this nice blob sound in the barrel) :

62 replies
3 subscribers
3 saved
5 likes
sort on date
new
28/01/2019 at 11:39

yeah, shot size is always problem 🙂

it’s still a nice build, can you add more pictures or details (the parts) ? You used a drill press as base ? Or are the parts milled ?

thanks

dedicated
28/01/2019 at 02:53

I made similar to that.  Looked good but the shot size was way too small to do the kind of things I wanted to do.  It also too a long time between shots because it didn’t have much plastic in it/thermal mass etc

Attachments:
Viewing 2 replies - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.