We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Power (Watts) of band heater for injection machine

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year ago.

Hector Heredia hectorheredia

Power (Watts) of band heater for injection machine

17/05/2018 at 20:52

Hello everyone, I’m working on the construction of an injection machine and I have got all the materials, I only have one question related to the band heaters because I need the power (watts) of these band heaters. The diameter of the tube is the same as that of Dave’s original machine (34x26x4mm), so if someone has this information, I would greatly appreciate it.
I’ll be attentive to your comments thank you very much.

4 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
starter
07/09/2018 at 12:46

@sonik did the 150W band heaters work well for your injector and is it the same for the extrusion machine?

dedicated
12/09/2018 at 12:47

@timimi
Sorry, i didn’t see your question before. Actually, i have built the extrusion and not the injection machine. Yes, the band heaters worked well for the ~1hr testrun. Then i run out of plastic flakes (i cutted by hand which is a pain in the a**). So iam waiting for to finish my shredder, probably by the end of next week.

new
12/09/2018 at 19:47

4x 200W seems to have trouble run anything stable over 170 deg-c; Possibly you will have to add good heat insulation (anyways). barrel : 35 mm OD, 25 mm ID.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪