We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

PP @ Dublin, Ireland

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 1 day ago.

Gabriela gabyplastic

PP @ Dublin, Ireland

22/07/2017 at 21:10

Hi all,
I’ve the idea to start recycling plastic in Dublin, Ireland. Anyone here on the same boat?
I’m at “idea development” – “research”- “design thinking” stage, working with Ideas Collective coaching program from Suas, and will have a showcase by the end of August.

Any comments, tips will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gaby

12 replies
6 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: PP @ Dublin, Ireland

helper
27/09/2017 at 09:46

Hello Gaby,

I’m in Belfast and just like you in in the thinking and buying stage….

How did you get on? Do you have a project up and running I’m hoping to get a project started here in Belfast real soon as sooner we start the better

Scott

starter
27/09/2017 at 21:22

Hey gaby
I’m hopping to build one with my students in cork we’re currently looking for a company that will cut parts for us as we don’t have a metalwork room. But would love to link up.

Paula

new
17/10/2017 at 02:04

Hey im in the same boat, you have any look with finding a company to build the parts. Are ye planning on building all the machines involved? Im researching on where to get parts or possibly the machine assembled so I can start straight away.

new
17/11/2017 at 11:33

Hello all – im based in west cork and keen to get these machines built – is anyone getting a machine built? Ill pay for a second one for my company.

My company cleans up events and i am keen to bring this factory to festivals to promote plastic recycling and would like to be able to recycle water and drinks bottles into beer cups of other items people might keep and then in the winter months i would like to tour schools showing kids about plastic recycling.

Any help is much appreciated

my number is 0852080393

starter
25/02/2019 at 14:19

Heyhey,

I would really love if we could all come together and have a precious plastic workshop in Dublin. Who would be interested? I think it would be great to meet in person and see who can contribute with what and what we still missing. Maybe we could set up a gofundme project for some initial funding.

starter
25/02/2019 at 15:18

I’m on for creating a collaborative project concerning a pp setup [email protected] I’m based in Dublin

new
25/02/2019 at 22:09

I am based in Dublin and would be keen to support set up in Dublin.

starter
26/02/2019 at 00:38

Hi, I’m based in Dublin too and would love to help get a precious plastic setup.

starter
26/02/2019 at 14:22

Hi there! Also based in Dublin, I’m absolutely thrilled by the idea and love to be involved.
Please let me know when. I have a few ideas. 🙂

starter
13/03/2019 at 17:00

Woop woop! Great! We are at least 5 people.

So I made some small steps. I created a facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/preciousplasticdublin/
So we can start to reach more people and raise an army, right?!

I also started to look into methods to upcycle/recycle plastic without any money investment. I started to crochet plastic bags and ironing food packaging.

I also made some research to apply for potential funding.

It would be great to meet up and brainstorm in person, I would be happy to set-up a whatsup group or something for a more instant communication and organise a personal meeting. Or is it possible here to setup a group messaging?

starter
17/03/2019 at 16:48

Heyhey,

I am trying to organise a  meeting for next Friday, I hope you could join us!
https://www.facebook.com/events/269311793990155/

Best, Celia

new
19/03/2019 at 11:41

Hey there. Im in Dublin too. I used to work in IT, now I make pots … Im fascinated by recycling, repurposing and reusing stuff – would be very interested in coming along to the mtg…

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.