We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic – Adelaide, Australia!

Tagged: 

Aiden Ryan aidenryan

Precious Plastic – Adelaide, Australia!

19/02/2017 at 12:38

Hello from Adelaide!
We – Aiden and Luke – have started building the compression and the shredder. We hope to be up and running making recycled plastic products very soon!

Attachments:
17 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on date
starter
13/11/2019 at 00:37

Hi Guys, love your work.
I am also Adelaide based and looking to make a Precious Plastics difference.
Would love to meet up and potentially discuss some collaboration and resource sharing opportunities.
Will track you down on Instagram ๐Ÿ™‚
Regards,
Dan.

new
17/02/2018 at 07:42

I work in Environmental management here in Adelaide and am passionate about plastic recycling too! While I don’t have the capacity to make machines, I’d love to help in other ways to promote plastic recycling. I have inspiring Aussie expat friends in Penang who have just created their first machines and hopefully will come visiting in March. @aidanryan I would love to organise a visit to your machines for them if at all possible. @peacelily – Tamara, I love your idea of touring machines to schools, have you been able to source someone to help you make the machines. Anyone in Adelaide, please drop me a line and lets see what synergies we can come up with,

new
14/05/2018 at 06:40

Hi Aiden and Luke,

I see you haven’t updated this in a while and that your instagram is no longer available – is your precious plastic still ongoing in Adelaide? If so I would love to come and check it out while I’m down there later this week!

Thanks,
Lauren

13/01/2018 at 09:01

Hey guys!
Rowena from West Australia, trying to get a hold of someone involved in the project in Australia for an actual product idea- basically if you’re interested and have some sort of eye for design I would LOVE to hear from you!

You can email me at [email protected]

Talk soon!

helper
03/10/2017 at 12:50

@dougstar, how is the shredder going?!

@peacelily
– sending you an email now!!

helper
03/10/2017 at 12:49

Hey all, sorry – haven’t been active on here for a little while but we are progressing! We are updating more regularly on here https://www.instagram.com/preciousplasticadelaide/.

We have just made a few of our first products, including the bowl in the image below.

Attachments:
starter
12/05/2017 at 18:39

Hi guys I’ve built the shredder frame hopper and just sorting a motor, thinking of using aluminium for the next build as it’s super heavy with plain and stainless steel, may be way cheaper too! Please send any feedback on your shredder build as I’m concentrating on getting this right for everyone over here in west oz!

Attachments:
new
30/04/2017 at 05:33

Hey guys,

I am from Adelaide too ๐Ÿ™‚ I volunteer at the Joinery on Flinders street, which is a cool place where sustainability is the focus. I am on a mission to find someone to build the machines for us so that we can use them for education purposes, like getting school groups through to make cool things. The problem is that I can’t find a steel fabricator to help me out at all. I really am at a road block and would love to chat regarding all things your’e up to with sourcing products and the build itself. My email is [email protected] and I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks
Tamara

starter
08/04/2017 at 21:58

Hey guys!! I hope you see this message today. I’ll be only 24 hrs in ADL and I would like to visit you very quickly to say hello and to have some tips I’m a bit lost in how to start with the shredder. If is possible, where could I see you guys?

helper
07/03/2017 at 11:57

Here’s an update on our progress.
We just need to insulate and clad with sheet metal, and maybe add a couple more braces to the frame. We opted to have the car jack system on the top of the oven, making it smaller and easier to transport!

Attachments:
helper
07/03/2017 at 11:51

Hi @ilija, nice to hear from you! We have mainly been working on the compression, and all has been ok so far. With the shredder, we haven’t got laser cut parts yet or the motor because they are quite pricey, but hopefully in time we will do so. We will keep you updated too!
– Aiden

starter
27/02/2017 at 04:44

Hi guys,

I’ve been looking at PP for a little while and am now very keen to build a shredder. I’m in Melbourne, Australia.

Great to see that you’re making progress, have you come up against any particularly stubborn hurdles?

Looking forward to hearing how you go and I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

ilija

helper
21/02/2017 at 13:52

Hi @julzgoodall, sounds great! We are in the process of sourcing the laser cut parts and will let you know. Most other parts were sourced from scrapyards with a bit of looking around ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you in Australia too?
And thank you @xxxolivierxxx! A great project and great to be involved!
– Aiden

hero
21/02/2017 at 00:13

Welcome to Precious Plastic @aidenryan
That compression machine is looking pretty good, hope to see more pictures or videos from your building progress soon.

Regards

new
20/02/2017 at 07:32

Hi Aiden & Luke,

We are also attempting to build the shredder plus the injection machine.
We hope to build one here with some students from remote Indonesia so that they can see how it works and is built and then reproduce when they get home (with help from us where necessary).
We’re interested in how / where you are able to source your parts – particularly for the shredder machine.
cheers
Julie

helper
19/02/2017 at 12:45

More progress, more photos!

Attachments:
Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing ๐Ÿ’ช