We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic Åland

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Halim Widya Kusuma 1 year ago.

Michael ashrak

Precious Plastic Åland

02/06/2017 at 09:47

Finally got my thumb out.. And made a page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/preciousplasticaland/ it is in Swedish and English.

Our first project is to build a shredder and a extruder to recycle 3D-prints for Optinova. (The Optinova Group is one of the leading global suppliers of advanced tubing solutions for the global medical device industry)

Will share the development and solutions here on the forum and on our FB page.

36 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on date
warrior
06/10/2017 at 22:56

@ashrak, super nice to see the machines slowly coming together.
And I especially like that you show the community how basic the tools can be!
Keep it up! 🙂

helper
06/09/2017 at 05:59

Yeah, i got a used 2.2 kW motor and a 3 kW motor, got some reducers that hopefully can be fitted together with the motors. But for the shredder that I am building for Optinova I Think I will use a new motor with reducer 🙂

warrior
05/09/2017 at 18:58

@ashrak,

Michael, it’s good to see the shredder shaping up. The tooling photos are a nice bonus as well.

Have you got the motor already?

helper
05/09/2017 at 17:33

Alright, I have not had so much time working with the shredder, but yesterday I did some hours of work.

The guys at the workshop at my work did a great job with the axle/shaft. If you are going to have someone else make your axle/shaft for you, I recommend you also bring one of the bearings with you, so you get a perfect fit.

The assembly with almost without problems, only one of the countersunk holes in the sideplate for the bearing was not deep enough, also I needed to use some washers/spacers between the side plate and the bearings.

I am going to change some of the screws to shorter ones (not needed but it will look nicer).

Attachments:
helper
17/08/2017 at 02:56

@jegor-m

Yes, I will!

Next week I will get the shredder axle/shaft made by the guys at the workshop where I work, hopefully I have sanded the lasercut parts by then, so I can start assemble the shredder 🙂

warrior
16/08/2017 at 22:40

@ashrak,

Nice to see the components ready! We are going to be ordering components soon as well, so please post about some challenges you may come along.

Viewing 6 replies - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪