We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic App

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Nicolas 1 year ago.

Lautaro Sánchez sancho

Precious Plastic App

05/12/2017 at 03:44

What do you think about the creation of an app for mobile devices? I think that can be very useful, especially for message notifications 😀

9 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Precious Plastic App

warrior
05/12/2017 at 14:47

@sancho interesting idea! Apart from messaging, what do you imagine this app should be capable of?

All the best
Flo

helper
05/12/2017 at 15:48

wicked idea! I have no idea how to build an app but yeh! awesome idea.

dedicated
05/12/2017 at 16:51

In my opinion if an app happens to exist one day, it should be designed for the large public audience. I would prefer to improve the website and the forum before extending the community to smartphone users.

It would contain :

1. A presentation of the Precious Plastic Project
2. Basics of plastic identification
3. Basics of plastic crafting, with a focus on the reuse of plastic items before shredding.
4. Working with precious plastic machinery.
5. Community creations.
6. Precious Plastic Workspaces (the map).
7. Donation options to support the starting of future local workspaces.
8. etc.

helper
08/12/2017 at 09:03

From a technical point of view I think this isn’t really yet possible as buddypress and BBpress (the 2 wordpress plugins used to make the Army and Forum part of the website) REST Api aren’t yet available unless rewriting everything from scratch without using wordpress which i think is really not the priority here.

I check a few month ago and there are some pre release version of the api are out but they aren’t stable yet so not really usable. Btw They should come soon. So you’ll have to wait before any apps comes out.

😉

dedicated
28/12/2017 at 10:31

@sancho @flo-2 @emric @armbouhali @malor
I think a plastics formulations app would be better where by we can add how to make a particular product for example plastic tiles = 70% sand + a type of plastic with the instructions like a instruclables for plastic products. We need to empower people to be able to make things . We could list machine owners who could provide the feedstock etc….

helper
06/02/2018 at 18:48

Great idea!! @flo-2 I’m gonna be in Vienna only for 1 day it’ll be great to see your workshop. I sent you inbox.have a look. Cheers

dedicated
06/02/2018 at 22:02

@plastikfantastik
‘We could list machine owners’
What’s about like other forum have a easy degree identification of each level.?
S as shredder I for injection
So à login completed by SI is somebody having done shredder and injection…

When I say like other forum… I mean in their signature lot of people write their computer configuration for instance…

For the apps it could be also a shooting template… Empty template for sharing creation… We have always a batch of basic questions that the little more experienced persons asked to the newbies. Like in my first post 😉
Temperature
Type of plastic
2/3 pictures
Mold

See you
DiB

starter
16/03/2018 at 17:44

It would be easier to use i think.maybe even it can help us to communicate with others who collect plastic.

warrior
16/03/2018 at 17:54

For those out there interested in the idea :

In order to find users easier, i created a Discord server for the french PP community. I think it may help a lot if it were to be implemented country by country to launch collaborative projects !

Here is french one : https://discord.gg/SpVvKuf

Now embassadors, if your country has many active membres, do the same !

& thank u to all the community for ALL the work being (and to be) done !!!!!

Peace,

nick

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪