Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Get your own.preciousplastic.com for free!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  hugo77 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Get your own.preciousplastic.com for free!

25/08/2016 at 17:47

It makes us very HAPPY when you share updates/images/videos about your project here in the forums. Seriously keep it going. But we realise when things get bigger you might want a place of your own on the web.
That’s why we have a GIFT for you builders.
We will hook you up with a preciousplastic.com domain name for free.

Lets say you are recycling in Barcelona, a logical domain name might be barcelona.preciousplastic.com
But If you’d like to use a different name like banana, we are happy to provide banana.preciousplastic.com for you.

1 Be quick
We are currently giving domain names away for free because we want to support the early adopters of the project. This might change in the future, however once you have your domain name it will be free forever.

2 Guidelines
The only real guideline we have is that the you can only claim a domain name if you have a website to connect to it with some machines you build on there.
Only a plan to get started isn’t enough. No worries if you haven’t got it yet. Go develop machines and come back whe they are done

3 Hosting
We would love to provide website hosting in the future as well. However currently we haven’t got the budget for it. If you haven’t got a server yourself we’d recommend to start a Tumblr blog, it’s free as well. We use it for http://lab.preciousplastic.com/ as well and are happy to share the theme with you as well so it looks exactly like ours.

4 Steps to get it
Tell us in the comments below:
1: Your current domain name
2: Your preferred .preciousplastic.com domain name
3: The IP Address of your website
4: We will do the magic.

new
08/09/2016 at 22:37

Hi, great project, I’m very interested in applying in my country

1. http://alejandrogalan.co/
2. colombia.preciousplastic.com
3. 107.180.41.151
4. We will do magic.

Regards

Toggle replies
warrior
14/09/2016 at 22:23

Great initiative @davehakkens

I’m currently setting up a facebook page for my Precious Plastic recycling project in Costa Rica, focused mostly on manufacturing cheap 3D printing filament from recycled materials. Using facebook allows me to reach a broader audience much easier than having a private hosting, and it’s also free 🙂

If possible, I would like to have the following subdomain:

1: https://www.facebook.com/ecoprintcr/
2: costarica.preciousplastic.com
3: Facebook uses dynamic load balancing, so an IP can’t be registered statically as a subdomain

Regards

Toggle replies
new
15/09/2016 at 05:13

Thanks for the inspiration!
I’m working on a recycled shoe project in the States. I would love to be considered for an early adopter domain name.

1. http://www.BadBirdy.com
2. BadBirdy.preciousplastic.com
3. 198.49.23.145 (a squarespace website)

Attachments:
Toggle replies
new
15/09/2016 at 19:56

1. https://gj-plastic.mystagingwebsite.com/

2.gj-plastics.preciousplastics.com

3.209.15.20.210: (WordPress-pressable)

4. Magic is happening all around us…

Toggle replies
warrior
15/09/2016 at 22:10

hi @diegoal4 would love to provide you with one. But first we need to see a few pictures of the machines you made on your page. Just to make we are not reserving all subnames for unfinished projects. good luck!

Toggle replies
warrior
15/09/2016 at 22:11

hi @helenstimson, looks like an interesting project! Would love to hook you up with a domain name. But first we need to see a few pictures of the machines you made on your page. Just to make we are not reserving all domain names for unfinished projects. good luck!

Toggle replies
warrior
15/09/2016 at 22:12

hi @musicman, would love to hook you up with a domain name. But first we need to see a few pictures of the machines you made on your website. Just to make we are not reserving all domain names for unfinished projects. good to see you already set up your site/hosting 🙂

Toggle replies
warrior
15/09/2016 at 22:14

hi @xxxolivierxxx, cool project! Didn’t know that was your plan, like it!
Would love to hook you up with a domain name. But first we need to see a few pictures of the machines you made on your page. Just to make we are not reserving all domain names for unfinished projects. And you know wheter its possible to link towards a facebook page? -never tried.. Good luck and thanks again for the help in the forums! 👏

Toggle replies
new
16/09/2016 at 03:20

Hello, Dave that’s fine. I will upload pictures of my machines as soon as they are done. I already have the website because I have several and it was easy to set up. If I loose my spot It won’t hurt my feelers too bad. 🙂

Toggle replies
starter
15/10/2016 at 21:06

Hello me a very interesting project I’m from Barcelona and I’m trying to carry out this project with a friend to see if we are lucky is very well able to use the name dotcom your web I congratulate you and I continue to report on our project go showing how advances.

Toggle replies
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.