We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic Group in Sydney Australia!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Emily Rossi 1 week ago.

Melissa Fuller melfuller

Precious Plastic Group in Sydney Australia!

21/04/2016 at 06:55

Hi All, Hello from down under! My name is Mel and i think plastic is a great material but it’s used for the totally wrong reasons and this is something i hate! I am co-ordinating a group of fellow Sydney siders to start building all machines and get a micro factory going for the community. So far we have 10+ members of the group with different skill sets. We have met up 1 time and already gaining progress. We will be sure to contribute back to the open source documentation and happy to collaborate. If you are from Sydney reach out and say hi! I am based at the University of New South Wales The Micheal Crouch Innovation Centre and we meet on Thursdays at 12pm. feel free to join us! Cheerio

12 replies
5 subscribers
2 saved
5 likes
sort on most likes
new
31/05/2017 at 10:02

Hey Mel,
just discovered this site and forum. I live around the corner from UNSW, is still group still going? Would love to get involved!
Cheers,
Rich.

helper
11/06/2017 at 10:09

Hi Mel,
I’m in Auckland, NZ. Started collecting my parts for the first machine: the shredder.
I noticed some Ausies got expensive quotes for their parts, i got them cheaply.

Please get in touch if you have questions or want to collaborate in any way.

Email directly to: [email protected]

Raymond

hero
16/06/2017 at 04:45

Welcome to Precious Plastic @melfuller (sorry for the late welcome, I have been a little busy lately šŸ™ )

Here I tag a few Australian members from our forum to spread the word:

@jsk555
@nicolasdm
@rick1988
@enterpriselearningprojects
@pacificcollective
@aidenryan
@ilija

new
19/07/2017 at 06:31

Hello,

I’m based in Queensland, Australia and love the idea of Precious Plastic.

I would love to get involved somehow, even in buying or selling the products.

Do you have a finished machine?

Thankyou

starter
28/08/2017 at 04:38

Hi Mel.
I am based in Sydney. I would love to help out in any way possible. my email is [email protected]

new
24/02/2018 at 03:57

Hey,

Iā€™m an undergrad studying at UNSW. Iā€™m really interested in starting a Precious Plastic recycling plant in Sydney. Are you guys still meeting up at the Michael Crouch Innovation Centre?

new
07/03/2018 at 09:03

Hi,

This is Catherine and I am from the Philippines. I will be flying to NSW, Aus to work and spend time with my family. Hope you can teach me as this is one of my advocacy to recycle and clean the environment.

i would love to learn and help.

starter
21/09/2018 at 10:32

Hey everyone, Just wondering about how this project went? I am really interested to get a sydney based branch up and running and was under the impression that no one had started one up yet.

new
17/11/2018 at 13:04

Hi everyone!
I’ve seen it’s been a while that nobody writes here, but just in case you’re still doing your meetings or working I write..
I’m from Argentina but I’m going to Australia, Sidney, in December with a work and holiday visa. If you accept me, I’d like to participate in your project in my free times to learn about what you’re doing and help in what I can!
Please contact me if you are ok with the idea, it would be really amazing for me!

new
29/11/2019 at 11:48

Wow. I was hoping that this was still up and running but the last comment was in November 2018 – a whole year ago. I am wanting to find out who has a shredder and extruder that I could use for an hour or two. I live in Engadine NSW. Please contact me if you are interested in getting together. I have a lot of plastic lids.

Julie

[email protected]

starter
30/11/2019 at 01:44

Hi Mel,
I’m Mel as well! I’m in South Sydney and would love to meet up!
I’ve been working with Total Environment Centre as Graphic and Digital Designer.
I’m volunteering with Lids 4 Kids and we collect bottle lids to prevent them going to landfill. We used to send them to Envision in Victoria but now they don’t take the lids anymore. We’d like to find a way to recreate value for the lids, bread tags and bottle lid rings.
Thank you šŸ™‚

starter
02/12/2019 at 12:40

Hi Mel and Julie!
I’m happy to let you both know that there are TWO precious plastics groups operating in sydney. I volunteer for Defy by Design and we have a workshop at Redfern, right near the train station. We have all 4 machines and I’d be happy to show you around and talk you through our process and see if we can work with each other. There’s also Socially Plastic who operate out of the Makerspace in Marrickville. I’m not sure about their setup but I’m planning on doing some work with them this week to help them out.
If email is easier for you, feel free to flick me a message at [email protected]

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing šŸ’Ŗ