We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

[Precious Plastic] Help us make the new Logo

This topic contains 105 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Chris V 2 years ago.

TomasHalberstad tomashalberstad

[Precious Plastic] Help us make the new Logo

22/10/2015 at 10:30

For this step, then, we want to see how you envision the Precious Plastic logo looking. We want you to take inspiration from what we’ve summarized in this post. Also we’ve got some points of inspiration of our own that we want you to keep in mind:

connectedness – network – recycle – empowerment – inclusiveness – cycle – upcycle – people – cross cultural cooperation – hope – positivity – freshness of ideas and ideals – contemporary look&feel – open-source – DIY – plastic as a resource – waste as an empowering tool – valuable – new priorities from the people – tackling problems we’ve created first person – new direction – precious – new priorities

Get going and show us those logos! Preferably with a short explanation on your thinking.

Attachments:
105 replies
6 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
21/11/2015 at 16:41

Hello,

Me again 🙂
Just throwing in some more concepts for PP logo.
Not sure they work as concepts but could indirectly activate some fresh idea in some you out there!

1.Infinte. This logo hints at the infinite loop that PP would create with plastic that is never actually wasted. A new perpetual life cycle. A theoretical endless/ infinte loop. The shape is filled with small elements (recycled bits) to draw a visual connection with the PP process and basic raw material. The bits feels also somehow playful.

2. Collecting Net. For this concept I focused on the initial activity required from PP: collecting the plastic. Abstracting the collection phase to an illustrated net could help de-serious-ify the issue (many users often bounce for excess of seriousness). Althought people might not be collecting the plastic with the net they can relate to it.

Attachments:
helper
22/11/2015 at 20:06

Hey @mattia-io! How is everything?

Really like the idea of fighting the plastic bag! But, what about defeating it with something more related to Precious Plastic (no an arrow)?

This is a quick sketch I made using my first drawing of the shredding piece, only to show you what I’m talking about. Hope you like ninjas as I do haha

Attachments:
helper
22/11/2015 at 20:16

Hi again @mattia-io!

I like the infinite logo. Also I think that it could be a good idea making the “infinite” real with the Precious Plastic machines we already have. More specifically I’m referring to build the moebius strip (http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/images/moebius_strip.jpg) with recycled plastic, make a photo of it and use it as a logo.

I think that, as someone suggested before in this post, using recycled plastic in the main logo could be really interesting!

What do you think?

helper
23/11/2015 at 00:21

Thinking about it… Maybe this has more sense

Attachments:
helper
23/11/2015 at 16:56

And it can also have the shape of the to PP of Precious Plastic:

Ps: Really sorry about posting everything in different comments

Attachments:
warrior
23/11/2015 at 17:52

🙂

No worries for the multiple messages, we’re all trapped in Whatsup modus operandi 🙂

But hey, this is a great idea- inscribing the double P in the infinite symbol.
I’ll have a go at it and see if it can work. Great shout!

Thanks @gujonon you are making this space exciting, alive and most importantly creatively constructive!

warrior
23/11/2015 at 17:55

Thanks for the sketches @gujonon, however I think @kingu is correct when stating that having an arrow “killing” a bag “does make me lose regard for plastic as a resource, to the effect of destroying usable items as a goal in itself”..

Maybe killing the bag is not our objective, rather resuscitating it through recycling!

warrior
23/11/2015 at 18:06

Hey Hey,

Worked on one more sketch/concept for PP logo. Any feed back would be useful. his time I have decided to focus on one of the key element of the machines, the nozzle.

Attachments:
starter
26/11/2015 at 15:07

The first one only works in this colour, because the bottom element is too dominant.

The second one is a more rounded variant.

The third one uses more rounding and gentler colours.

The last one is my favourite.

The most notable elements are

1. PP each to their side top left and right.
2. A heart, signifying the precious nature of the project, material and goal.
3. A recycling symbol in the middle.
4. Two people, facing each-other, shaking hands at the bottom element.
5. Three people, seen in “family portrait style” with two heads on the sides, and one in the middle.
6. A 7-segment display aesthetic. Not so important.

The reason I like the last one is because it has a magical element. It draws attention and engages the mind. It works in many different sizes, and does different things for each. It is unique, yet simple to construct.

Attachments:
starter
29/11/2015 at 17:37

Maybe add something going in and some text in this plane to help.
I failed, but you see what I’m thinking.

Attachments:
helper
29/11/2015 at 20:57

Thank you for your kind words, @mattia-io! It’s always a plesure help with the ideas and give some feedback.

I’ll keep thinking about the logo!

starter
09/12/2015 at 22:25

Hey !
I’m not really good at drawing but here is my idea(based on @mattia-io) if we still can help !
(sorry my picture is not nice…)

Attachments:
helper
14/12/2015 at 16:34

Ok! Thanks for all the great suggestions and good feedback. It’s time to take the next step!

First, we wanted you to post concepts or ideas that you feel would describe Precious Plastic. Then, we wanted you to, using these ideas and concepts, provide us with sketches and/or outlines for a logo. Now, it’s time for you to vote on the submitted logos in order for us to get a Top 5.

So, head on over to this topic and get voting; https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/vote-logo/

new
01/10/2017 at 08:38

I previously have the same concern, but I have found some unique and affordable naming service that works with brand slogan as well. Check this one http://eatmywords.com/blog/ to view their services.

helper
04/02/2018 at 22:03

Shout-out to @mattia-io. I bet you were pretty stoked when you found your design more-or-less used for the official PP logo! 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪