We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic in Edmonton-Alberta-Canada

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Darsie Culbeck 1 week ago.

Stephen Parkes pemdgroup

Precious Plastic in Edmonton-Alberta-Canada

21/12/2018 at 18:02

This will be the center of our discussion for development of equipment/workshop and processes here in Edmonton.

27 replies
11 subscribers
5 saved
3 likes
sort on most likes
starter
21/12/2018 at 18:14

Hi, this is Danny.
I would like to meet all Edmonton members in person somehow someday. Any idea? 🙂

I like coffee and tea. Perhaps we could set up a meeting at a local cafe?

starter
21/12/2018 at 20:07

Danny, Braden
I will be in Calgary until 27 Dec.
We can set a cafe meeting after that.
We have lots to talk about.

starter
23/12/2018 at 20:17

Great to have this place to keep in touch with other people interested in getting a workshop started in the capital region.

I agree that in the new year will be best. We can iron out where we are now, and how we can move forward.

starter
31/12/2018 at 21:28

A cafe meeting in the new year sounds great. I’m also interested.

starter
31/12/2018 at 22:24

So I have made a decision.
As of today, I have procured the web addresses for the following

preciousplastic-canada.ca  and .com.

I would like to do something similar to what http://www.preciousplastic-usa.com did with their website.
We will need to find out the fonts used and to obtain the videos and links to link back to DaveHakkens site for credit and reference of course.
We will need some help with the site development and content uploading.

From this website we can also have an ecom presence to promote and sell equipment we manufacture from here in Edmonton.

I also want to use this as a platform for funding applications for us and other groups in Canada.

Please comment..

starter
31/12/2018 at 23:08

Hey there,

Thanks for contacting me about a group in Edmonton.  I’ve been looking at revisiting this process.  Look forward to being involved.

starter
01/01/2019 at 01:23

Great to see some of the people who I reached out to today have commented and are interested in the project here!

The website they used is fairly straightforward and simple. Having details explaining what the community is, but also providing some insight regarding local (municipal, provincial, national) details can be good pieces of information for visitors.

Leveraging the website to sell product outside of our immediate market is a good idea. Looking through the Bazaar on the Precious Plastics website, there seems to be a large hole when it comes to individuals or groups selling products, or machines within Canada.

starter
02/01/2019 at 00:09

I like the idea of a meetup.

I also noticed a lack of options for Canadians in the Bazar. I think the best bet would be to make our own machines here.

starter
02/01/2019 at 04:51

[new post was here because I didn’t see my previous post]

starter
02/01/2019 at 06:24

A meet sounds great. I’m not avail until after next Tuesday until the following Tuesday.  Hopefully it works out.

starter
02/01/2019 at 21:30

Ok let’s make a meetup happen! Use the Doodle link below to tell us when you are available for a meetup at Dirtbag Cafe. We will select a time and date where everyone can make it. Let me know if I need to add other dates or times to the poll.

https://doodle.com/poll/5eugxgufk5i35v6x

starter
03/01/2019 at 20:44

I have been speaking with Taylor in Red Deer who recently just finished building the injector. She actually just left Red Deer and is now in the Netherlands working with the Precious Plastics team for the next few months.

She offered if we may be interested in buying the injector from her. It is currently in storage in Red Deer. I have asked her what she would want for it, and if she had any molds for it as well. If the price is right this may help us get up and running quicker.

starter
04/01/2019 at 03:26

Hi everyone,  I am Leo from Mississauga, Ontario. I had a déjà-vu moment about recycling plastic (yes! it’s true..Gerry McGuire style) and Google search promptly showed me the Precious Plastic website and all the stunning achievements of Dave. I am still digesting through the info. I am so glad to be part of this global initiative. I am not yet sure where I want to go with this. Hope you guys will help me chart a course through some discussions.

starter
04/01/2019 at 06:11

Happy to see you were able to find your place over to here Leo. I actually have a friend moving to Toronto who is interested in this project as well. I can see if I can get her on here and reach out to you.

starter
04/01/2019 at 13:37

I would love to meet your friend, Braden and discuss the possibilities.

starter
04/01/2019 at 17:23

So,Dan and Stephen, looks like either Saturday or Sunday evening. I think we can drum up brief meeting notes as well for those unable to attend.

starter
04/01/2019 at 18:52

So Dirtbag Coffee or other location on Saturday works for me as well.
Starbucks across from Grant Mac as well. There are good tables in there.
3-6pm

starter
05/01/2019 at 03:58

Are you talking about the one off of 104 ave and 112st?

starter
05/01/2019 at 04:29

Yes. Thoughts?

starter
05/01/2019 at 04:44

I don’t have any real preference between the two. Daniel, do you? I can do 4pm as well.

starter
05/01/2019 at 05:30

I don’t have preference for the meeting spot. But if I say either is fine, it’s not helping the decision making process so I would like to say – the Dirtbag Cafe since everyone has already voted on the place initially.

starter
05/01/2019 at 05:48

Sounds good Dirtbag Cafe at 3pm then. See those who can make it there.

starter
05/01/2019 at 19:31

Sounds good

starter
21/01/2019 at 02:37

Hey everyone, we will be having another meet up this coming Wednesday at 7:30pm at Stephen’s workshop. It is located at 6504 82 Ave in the back of Countertop Expression signage area.

Thanks to Taylor in Red Deer, who was kind of us to lend us her injector, we have our first machine, for a couple of months.

starter
22/01/2019 at 05:58

looking forward to meeting you folks this wednesday.    i’ll bring my shredder.

go Team!

dave

starter
24/01/2019 at 04:12

Hello fellow Canadian precious plastic followers. Graeme from Chatham ON. I was in the platics industry for over 20 years, mostly automotive plastics. I am also interested in the recycling of our waste plastics in to other usable items. Looking at ways to produce plastic lumber or fence posts, as someone had already mentioned in one of the forums.
Interested to know if there are any other subscribers in my neighborhood.
Hope to hear from you.

new
11/06/2019 at 08:43

Did you ever figure out a good way to produce plastic lumber? I’d like to make simple 8 foot long 2 X 6’s at our local recycle center.
Thanks,
Darsie from Alaska

Viewing 27 replies - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.