We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Protection against free-fall Block (PAF block)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Kindred 6 years ago.

SatyaKishore satyakishore

Protection against free-fall Block (PAF block)

27/06/2014 at 08:00

Many of will be using our phone roughly. We throw it or it may slip from our hands. Now, my idea is create a block which can recognize free fall and activates a protection like a balloon for cars. I am ready towork on it. And I am currently doing a project on accelerometers.

10 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
new
04/07/2014 at 22:50

An airbag might not be the best choice but something of that sort and it would be extremely helpful for those people who don’t like cases or don’t want to hide the look of the phone. In all it is a great idea

new
05/07/2014 at 11:57

maybe we can use a shock absorbing material on sides and for blocksbtw grt idea

05/07/2014 at 12:25

236londoner wrote: maybe we can use a shock absorbing material on sides and for blocksbtw grt idea it would be expensive to do that and i think the better option is to simply invest in a good case

new
05/07/2014 at 17:18

We Can use this materialhttp://www.linex.com/pages/2010/light_industrial/

new
11/07/2014 at 03:46

we could also use the material D30 it is a jell like substance but when pressure is applied like in a drop it becomes a shock observant solid.

13/08/2014 at 17:19

Sadly i feel that this issue is always going to be an issue in the hand held phone world. things get dropped and phones get dropped a lot. I’m more of a believer in just buying a good case. I hope that down the road there is a way to make a “active” phonebloks.

new
15/08/2014 at 22:05

SatyaKishore wrote: Many of will be using our phone roughly. We throw it or it may slip from our hands. Now, my idea is create a block which can recognize free fall and activates a protection like a balloon for cars. I am ready towork on it. And I am currently doing a project on accelerometers. The idea is good, but i don’t think that were going to use this in future!Team PhonebloksNikola

11/09/2014 at 22:03

Maybe some software that uses a gyro and a accelerator block to detect if the phone is falling

new
12/09/2014 at 20:58

The project ara website has a blok submission area competition where you have to send in a working model of the blok. It sounds as if you could do this for that.

new
12/09/2014 at 21:24

nammyxo wrote: it would be expensive to do that and i think the better option is to simply invest in a good case It really depends on what the consumers want. I can understand that they want to protect their device from everything.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪