We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Prototype v1.0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JoelSherrard 5 years ago.

Xander1988 xander1988

Prototype v1.0

20/11/2014 at 13:22

In the prototype Blog you said you could only fit the 2.5mm TRRS jacks. If that is the best that could be fitted you could supply an adapter with the block that would allow the user to use a 3.5mm jack, or you could fit a 3.5mm jack and just mould the case around it like in the picture.

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Prototype v1.0

20/11/2014 at 20:19

Yah, both of those are options but none of them strike me as ideal.In the first, you have to have an adapter to just plug into the phone which is annoying and makes it less easy to share your music with your friends via the second port(unless they have the adapter too). In the second, the phone would have a weird lump in it which maybe some people wouldn’t care about but for me risks ruing the sleekness and low profile of the entire phone.What do you think?Which way would you prefer?-LanceR

21/11/2014 at 12:42

I would prefer the bulge at the input jack. How is the sharing going to work? Will it only share with people that have the sennheiser block? You could make more than one block or put something like DLNA into the block to share with other devices or AirPlay.

24/11/2014 at 05:14

Cool!Good to know.and @xander – the sharing comes from the fact you have a second audio jack.The thought came from one of the challenges to use two input jacks so that you could quickly share a call or music by plugging in a second headset.Having the extra ins and outs also creates some other cool possibilities too.

starter
17/12/2014 at 07:33

very cool possibilities !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪