We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Question about nonprofit potential

Tagged: 

Melanie melanier

Question about nonprofit potential

31/01/2017 at 18:00

I have been fascinated about this whole process. I am in the early stages of starting a nonprofit business using these machines to make plastic products to sell, with the sales going back into the community. the machines would be a community project and plastic obtained would largely be donated from the community with future plans to pay for plastic materials. I am from the US and live in the midwest and I see a great opportunity for our city to utilize this. The possibilities with this project are really great and would get the whole community involved and educated.

My question is, has anyone else have or is doing something similar? I am looking into grants right now, but would love some input, suggestions, anything helpful. Thank you.

2 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
03/02/2017 at 20:02

Hey Melanier, good luck with your plans. I’m doing something very similar between the UK and India.
I’ve just secured a domain as I think it’s the first step to gain credibility these days. I’m starting with a simple site/blog and then I can go to colleges, businesses etc and there is a point if reference for them. I’m also planning to utilise the skills of homeless/ex military/under priviledged etc if they want an opportunity too.
Please let me/us know how you get on?
Thank you for caring for the planet!
Peace and love.

new
20/03/2017 at 05:47

Hi there! I love this idea. I too have thought about this. I am currently taking a course about the non-profit sector and one of my projects is to create a nonprofit plan. I’m incorporating these machines into my project. I’m also interested in actually making this a reality in order to receive grants to build these machines and put them in my downtown community.

Would you mind sharing anything you learn along the way?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪