We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Rag Tag HDPE Sample Tiles

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Halim Widya Kusuma 11 months ago.

Matt mateo

Rag Tag HDPE Sample Tiles

01/10/2016 at 21:47

Sharing a few samples of 100% reclaimed HPDE flooring tiles I made earlier in 2016, on the front porch of my house in Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Prior to having knowledge of what Dave had been up to with PP I had explored processes using a less than stellar, donated household oven, lightly modified it, remaining very cautious of potential gassing etc. Won some and lost some – slightly above average on some cool results!! These samples were finished up using carpentry tools.

Let me know what you think, or if you have questions.

The PP machines are really great, and I do trust there are more accessible options depending on where you live, present levels of understanding for the process, and available capital.

**Currently designing a vehicle based system to incorporate into a conversion camper van. Once all is in place, working as intended, I will share specs/pics and take it around the Americas**

Perhaps the consensus here may be that the more people around the world who have the most reasonable access to support this overdue effort – the better!

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
1 saved
3 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
03/10/2016 at 05:50

can they be used for flooring with cement

starter
11/10/2016 at 00:14

Yes – best applicator is a polymeric base auto level glue with release agent option. They are not slippery when wet, do not have negative ambient temperature issues – all good for floors, roofing tiles and hopefully soon large enough to replace plywood for shearing etc!

starter
12/10/2016 at 06:28

This is a great idea. Question about the proyect. I started collecting and most of the plastic we got from friends is a bit dirty. Any tips on how to clean it? Also, would this tile be possible using PP too?

dedicated
07/11/2018 at 05:30

the white tiles looks like marmer stone that has high price in my town..

Attachments:
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪