We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Read before you help

This topic contains 79 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Daisy Williamson 2 years ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Read before you help

26/09/2015 at 19:35

Hi there, Thrilled to see you want to help us pushing our projects forward. We use this part of the community to post challenges where we directly need your help for our projects. It can be anything, some feedback, a logo, web development, test users, suggestions, really anything. We’re just getting started and are still figuring it all out. Stay tuned!

79 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Read before you help

new
11/04/2016 at 17:54

interesante este proyecto, estoy dispuesta a ayudarlos.
soy colombiana y estudiante de diseño industrial, espero ser de mucha ayuda.

starter
13/04/2016 at 20:07

Dear Dave , greetings! First I must say that I found this project (at least) awesome, and I would like to help/participate in some way. I am Brazilian , industrial designer, and teach Fundamentals of Polymers at the University FUMEC. At the moment , I’m still learning how to deal with this site .
Thank you

helper
13/04/2016 at 20:13

Hi Eliseu, I’m Brazilian too graduated on Materials Engineering. There are many brazilians here.
We could make a brazilian topic

new
14/04/2016 at 00:22

Hola soy estudiante de mecatronica en Toluca, Mexico y me gustaria ayudar si puedo necesitan ayuda en algo?

new
14/04/2016 at 03:20

Hi Dave Excellent idea by this technique we can decease old plastic and recreate new items I what to be apart of your project but dont a resources to build I’m from India.

new
14/04/2016 at 05:25

congrats bro this idea are really amazing, the best that i’ve heard in the last years. I’m from Chile and i’m studying this subject for much time. I love the idea about transform the meaning of trash into a thing that the people want to do.
The efforts now must be in to share this to all the people possible, i would love to helps you Dave to devolepment your technology in Chile. Santiago is a city that needs to improve in this change of view urgently. I will try to build one of yours models now jejeje didnts looks very simple :p
Congrats again guys, we can saw the efforts and the works behind this work.
goodnights
diego

new
14/04/2016 at 17:30

Hola a todos, I think this is a wonderful proyect and inspired people to right things. Im from México and live in Cancun And one of the problems here its the trash we get in one of our protected zone from the sea. Me encantaria empezar a desarrollar este proyecto y crecerlo para poder atender toda la basura de los hoteles que ya la separan pero no hay quien la procece.

new
15/04/2016 at 01:27

Great idea, simple and direct, i’m drawing technician , working with cnc machines, i’m trying to make a cnc machine from recycled material . I would like to help . I’m from Portugal , sorry for my bad english :/

new
15/04/2016 at 04:03

Hi,

I have no idea how to work this internet thing. But does this motor spec look like it should work?

Attachments:

new
15/04/2016 at 17:24

Hello!
Mauricio, from Mexico. I’d like to help translating into Spanish. We all know English works very well, but I think having different languages could make it even more Global.

That’s about it.
At least website and subtitling for videos.

new
15/04/2016 at 18:50

Great Project, if I can, I would be happy to help. I am not a an engineer, just someone with a passion for our world environment. My country Zambia is a little landlocked African country with a big problem as far as waste is concerned. Sadly, little is being done about it. I am trying to do something to help reduce solid waste, hence came across your project. We as a team will try and see how we can perhaps try this locally! All the best guys!

Ben

new
15/04/2016 at 21:14

Hi, My name is Federico and I’m trying to develop the injection machine.
Could someone tell me in specific which components works the best and where to find them?
Thanks in advance

new
16/04/2016 at 00:53

Hoi David!

I can help in digital (analysing analytics, social media, etc) and translating content to portuguese. We can also produce newsletters and research other channels to reach more people.

Veel succes met de projecten!
Ik hou van je initiatief 🙂

Gabriella
imgabi.com

new
16/04/2016 at 02:05

Hi I’m Sergio from Argentina, I would like to contribute subs in spanish for some of the videos. Best regards,

starter
16/04/2016 at 07:03

Hii raja i also from india and having the same problem of limited resource…

17/04/2016 at 02:20

Dear Dave,

I found this project very impressive and environmental helpful. I want to start my business. Where can I find the machine i.e. grinder, mould and so…. Please I need help … Your prompt response will be appreciated…

17/04/2016 at 02:21

Dear Dave,

I found this project very impressive and environmental helpful. I want to start my business. Where can I find the machine i.e. grinder, mould and so…. Please I need help … Your prompt response will be appreciated… I lives in Gujarat India

starter
17/04/2016 at 17:13

Am willing to do anything I can to help this project. Can do some web design. Would love to help anyway I can.

starter
17/04/2016 at 17:57

Thank you so much for this project. I’d like to help. As I see the need for translation and I know Spanish and Portuguese, I can help translate subtitles for the videos, I think this would help immensely spread the project! 🙂

starter
18/04/2016 at 11:23

Hi,

I am Carla, from the Netherlands, would like to be a test-user. Can’t wait to start with this. It looks like really nice to do and helping the environment is something I really like to do so… live near Haarlem.

Grts.
Carla

new
18/04/2016 at 15:02

Hi Dave,
I’am Marcus from Boca Raton Florida, I’am ready to built this shredder,
I just like to know if I can purchase the blades from you, or actually
everything you had in the box on the video.

Thank you Marcus

new
20/04/2016 at 04:36

Hi There!
Teo from Mexico City, I think that maybe a washing plastic machine could be a great idea to offer mor value to our finishing recycled products, I have a few Ideas to make a smaller version of a prewashing-washed by friction machine for the flakes.

That`s my proposal to help, and I support the idea of having subtitles in the videos and languages in the websites.

Groeten!!

new
20/04/2016 at 05:52

Dave, you are doing a wonderful job, and this really inspired me a lot.

I am interested in bring the machine into Taiwan. Pls let me know how to proceed it. Thanks and wait for your reply

starter
20/04/2016 at 21:18

I would like to bring those machines to argentina ,can they be bought? from you dave ,amazing project i would like to spread it in argentina ,perhaps with a social way to work with slumps here i already do my plastic paintyings with kids at diferent slumps

starter
20/04/2016 at 21:23

this are works with the kids in slumps in argentina

Attachments:

new
22/04/2016 at 07:42

I’m jafar from is borneo Indonesia. I want to know more about Precious plastic machine. How to buy it ?

new
22/04/2016 at 12:21

I think this is a wonderful project I would like to help
in Armadale West Lothian Scotland we are setting up The Armadale Shed a community workshop with metal and woodworking equipment and any other activity thought appropriate
it has a social aspect
I would be interested in speaking with others
there is a facebook page

starter
23/04/2016 at 16:33

Hi Dave, First congratulations on your project. I have cruised all over the world as a boat builder and believe me Plastic is everywhere ! Your small recycling units would be an incredible asset for remote islands (like Fanning island) and a incredible way to clean up the ocean as a lot of plastic ends up on beaches.
For the past 30 years I have witnessed the deterioration of the oceans. It is a tragedy unfolding at lightning speed.

My question is this : Are you thinking or already producing and or selling the recycling units as per your website ? I am on twitter, my favorite way of communicating. I will keep posting for u.

All the best Virginia
http://www.twitter.com/FindingChagos1

warrior
24/04/2016 at 06:08

Hi everyone!

Good to see you are all interested in Plastic recycling!
We don’t sell the machines, we we suggest to find a local machine builder in our forums.
Maybe in the future we will sell machines… –But probably not since we don’t like shipping them all over the world, preferably they are build somewhere close to where you live

Thats why we share all the information you need to get started yourself here.

new
26/04/2016 at 11:53

Love the project , I am in Byron Bay , Australia , anyone out there in Australia ? I am sure I can find someone to build these machine around here , I also speak French if you need translation , can do graphic design , video filming and editing , I do work with people with disability and I will love to create some workshop and create some job for people with some disadvantage to make a difference in their life , this re-cycling plastic project can be the answer , thanks Dave for initiative .
[email protected]

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Read before you help’ is closed to new replies.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪