We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Read before you help

This topic contains 79 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Daisy Williamson 2 years ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Read before you help

26/09/2015 at 19:35

Hi there, Thrilled to see you want to help us pushing our projects forward. We use this part of the community to post challenges where we directly need your help for our projects. It can be anything, some feedback, a logo, web development, test users, suggestions, really anything. We’re just getting started and are still figuring it all out. Stay tuned!

79 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Read before you help

warrior
28/04/2016 at 10:49

Sorry for the late response, I just joined this forum today 😉
Your motor looks perfect, but 1730RPM is way too fast. You might need to add a reductor on your motor to reduce the RPM to aproximately 60~70RPM

new
28/04/2016 at 19:19

Just a suggestion, if it is possible, it would be good to be able to do a member search by country/state/providence/city on the website so that people close to each other can make contact in real life and do projects together. For example, I’m living in Cincinnati, Ohio in the United States. I’d love it if I could get together with my fellow members in Ohio and make some projects happen. Just a thought! 🙂

new
03/05/2016 at 21:09

que tal busco informes sobre medidas de las cuchillas de la trituradora y tipo de acero

new
05/05/2016 at 05:12

Yes! That’s exactly what I was thinking. We’re close, but not close enough. I’m living in Pittsburgh, PA.

helper
05/05/2016 at 06:47

From memory, I think somebody’s workig on a members map

new
14/05/2016 at 00:00

greetings, I speak from Venezuela I want to be part of the draft precius plastic and I would like to buy the materials to build the machines in my country and start recycling my mail is [email protected]
because in my country some things do not get them

new
18/05/2016 at 01:08

where can i find the documents for thhese machine i would like to find it because i wana do it for my final proyect can you help me ?

new
18/05/2016 at 03:11

probably not most three phase motors are industrial you also need a gear reduction with it to slow it down. check with a local electrician as voltages change from country to country.

starter
21/05/2016 at 12:12

Dear Dave,
I am a student from Hong Kong. I have been planning to go to Maldives with some of my friends as you did from your last video visiting the local school and Thilafushi there, so as to further promote the message of urgency and possible way out of plastic usage.

However, we are having the trouble of being unable to contact the recycling factory that you have been for our eco-tour. As don’t have not much connection as a student, I would like to ask for your favor to give us there contact, so that we can follow your step and actually do something in promoting the eco-message from our trip to our community.

It would be our honor to help you and help us all in letting more and more people what the real conditions we are in and what the way out we can take in the future, but not lagging from these difficulties. We appreciate your help. Thank You.

Regards,
Jasper (student,follower from Hong Kong)

starter
23/05/2016 at 18:19

I am from Honduras, Central America. I see there is a lot of interest but little time for Dave to answer, he is a busy guy. We need to get together the ones that want to built a project , begin and try to communicate our experience through this chat.

specifically I need to know if there is already a project up and running?

starter
23/05/2016 at 18:22

Hi

I want to built a project in Honduras Central America. I need advice, can you help me? pls answer to [email protected]

starter
23/05/2016 at 18:24

Has logrado iniciar? yo quiero iniciar en Honduras, Centroamérica peor necesito un poco de asesoría. me puedes escribir a [email protected]

helper
24/05/2016 at 14:06

Greetings from Slovakia ! This idea totally got me Dave. Im studying mechanical engineering in Slovakia, and im planning to realise this project in our country to help make our world more sustainabe in the future .

starter
24/05/2016 at 17:01

Diego

Nosotros queremos construir este equipo en Honduras. Como vas con tu proyecto?

new
27/05/2016 at 16:48

yes we will

starter
31/05/2016 at 23:46

Hello Eliseu!

I am an Environmental Engineer living in Belo Horizonte. I am also very interested in starting a project here! It would be great to work together and sharing our experiences! Here is my email contact: [email protected]

Abraço,

Luisa

new
03/06/2016 at 10:24

Hi David, Simon from the UK here. I’ve been picking litter for years and have always wanted to find a simple plastic bottle shredder. I found your site yesterday. Brilliant. Well done, and thank you!
David, I am keen to set up a beach plastic recovery system. I have entered Richard Branson’s #VOOM competition. The ‘People’s Choice Award’ gives a £10,000 cash prize for the business idea most voted for. (Voting ends 24th June).
I wonder if you would be interested in a bit of collaberation?
I would be very interested to share your ideas. I will share them anyway! But wonder if you would be interested to help me get votes for my project? Might help us all move forward with the plastic waste recovery we need to do Worldwide. Interested in your feedback if you wish to give it.
Great work. Will follow with interest, Simon.
http://www.theprofessionallitterpicker.com

starter
23/06/2016 at 05:29

I am so excited by the possibility of getting this into every design and technology classroom in Australia.

as an Educator this is a goldmine of educational potential especially for Middle school.

would anyone here be interested in helping me get this project into classrooms?

I can help out with primary and highschool teachers perspective and leading an Australian team.

new
26/06/2016 at 05:34

Hi, im from Ensenada, B.C. México
And would like to know, How many Hp need Crusher motor?

Thnks!

new
26/07/2016 at 02:52

hola que tal si alguien me pueda ayudar, que plastico se usa para poder hacer el filamento de imprecion 3, y que como reconocer que plastico uso para eso. les agradeceria mucho si me pueden explicar y mandar un correo a [email protected]
gracias

warrior
04/08/2016 at 20:51

@aaron-garcia1 I recommend you to post your question on the Machine Development forum, but just as a heads-up, 0.5HP is more than enough to shred any plastic. 1.5HP or more are needed only to shred blocks of hard plastic

new
05/08/2016 at 01:10

Hi! My dad and I are excited and ready to get our hands dirty for this project, yet we can’t really find the materials we need. We live in Victoria, Australia! and tips and advice would be really appreciated! 🙂

new
09/08/2016 at 04:43

Hola, yo también soy de México y me gustaría un poco de asesoría acerca de como ayudarlos, este proyecto es muy bueno…

new
11/08/2016 at 18:20

Hi Dave, drop me a line if Precious Plastic is in need of a graphic designer.
[email protected]

new
21/08/2016 at 00:20

hola, alguien me podria dar asesoria en mexico para realizar este proyecto!

new
21/08/2016 at 00:22

hola, podrias ayudarme a realizar el proyecto!

new
21/08/2016 at 14:54

Hi Dave,
I am from India, It is possible to make fiberfill from used PET bottles in a small scale machine?

new
21/08/2016 at 17:26

Hola buen día, probablemente tengas red eléctrica 120 v, te aconsejo buscar un motor monofásico.

new
21/08/2016 at 19:20

Hi Dave,

Im From Indonesia. In my country the plastic is one of many problems of trash. Because of that problems we usually get flood in our country. I love my country. And I want help my country to clean the plastic and help my country face the flood. If there any ways to help this problems i would love to make it true. i’m sorry if my english poor. i hope that i can help you and help my country with yout project. Thankyou very much.

warrior
03/09/2016 at 09:47

@trijuariyogo Welcome to precious plastic
There are lots of people from Indonesia on this community who will be glad to work with you on finding a solution for your country’s problem.
Feel free to create a new topic under “Welcome! Meet each other” so that other Indonesians can reach out to you directly

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Read before you help’ is closed to new replies.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪