We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Recycling plastics in Mali…

Pamela Young diema

Recycling plastics in Mali…

09/04/2018 at 08:48

Hi guys,
I have humanitarian programmes in Mali and Mauritania.. Recycling is vital. We’ve amassed too much waste plastic..I want to set up a small recycling centre..but need your help.. accommodation and food are FREE if you can come help us set up this project.
I believe we can educate our people (200.000) inhabitants about our planet and how to earn as they learn about new recycling ideas.. bringing revenue to those who have so little as they gather plastics to be recycled into something saleable in our area..Anyone out there interested. . Desperately need you.. Pam
Village Ventures Africa check out the website x

5 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
0 likes
sort on date
new
17/04/2018 at 18:46

Hi Pam .

I am very interested to help you. I interact with Mali since 10 years. I lived there permanently for 8 of those.

I joined this group with Mali in mind and was surprised to see somenone was already on it.

Although I travel a lot I am based in UK. I should be visiting Mali next month.

I need to find out what are the costs to set up one of these factories, after which, I intend financing a first one to see how it works and then expand to the whole country which, as you now know, is covered in plastic waste.

Let me work on the ABC. I will come back to you soonest.

I know the Kayes area very well , particularly the Kenyeba region, where I have set up a small gold mine, and a village artisanal miners crushing centre in Sitakily.

Wish you well in your venture.

Bye for now,

stefano

hero
17/04/2018 at 17:39

Welcome to Precious Plastic @diema
Unfortunately, I could not find many members from Mali or Mauritania, but I hope you can get some locals to help you out.

Mali

@oumoukeita

Mauritania:

@bkappers

new
14/01/2019 at 16:09

Hello Sir,

Im really interested in that project. Because im working for a company which is produce recycling machine. So we have knowledge about that so i can help you on this project.

please contact me : [email protected]

new
14/05/2018 at 16:42

Hello Pam.   sorry for long silence.

I am travelling to Mai on wednesday.  should stay there for a month.  let me know where to contact you .  My Mali tel number is +22377846763 .  operational as from thursday.
my mail :  [email protected]

regards for now,

stefano

new
17/04/2018 at 18:29

Hello Pam, I am totally interested! I have been working on a similar project in the Gambia and I am due to leave soon. I am working with a group of young women making fashion accessories from waste rubber and plastic. We exhibited the range at varius trade fairs and have been seeking funding for industrial sewing machines and a space where the women can work on upcycled designs. Please do get in touch. Saadiya

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪