We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Roasted Bottle Home Accessories

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robries 2 years ago.

Robries niam

Roasted Bottle Home Accessories

02/11/2017 at 18:01

Hello, i’m from Indonesia 🙂
I am in the development project of recycling bottle plastic waste for home accessories product. So far, i have experimented how to process PET material from drink bottle using heating process. The result is:
1. I have to heats the plastic in 200oC to melt it. But, i only have conventional oven without temperature setting.
2. Using conventional oven the PET material only can melt to 50% then crystallized. It make a little bit interesting new material. (like in the photo number 1) But, i need adhesive material to mold it into specific shape.
3. I try to melt it with pan and add a little bit oil, PET can melt but uneven. (like photo number 2)
So, if someone have the same experience in processing PET or plastic bottle waste please give me suggestion. ^^
Enjoy check my early experimental result product in the following link:

Attachments:
2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
starter
02/11/2017 at 21:08

Thank for your suggestion, sorry i see that topic just recently 😀 and that is really inspiring. I think i can do more deep experiment for recycling PET bottle with somewhat similar technique. Please give me more suggestion if you have 🙂

starter
02/11/2017 at 20:06

Hi,
Have you seen this topic: PET lamp? To me it seems like a good way to recycle pet bottles, but it’s purpose is mainly decorative, I guess you want some practical products right? This project: PET bottles uses PET bottles as a joining material, which is quite easy way how to use PET bottles.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪