We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

School project

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Anders Grydeland 4 months ago.

Tommy Nordby tommynordby

School project

11/01/2018 at 16:14

Hi!

This is not really machine development, but we are trying to develop the Precious Plastic machine building as a school project.

We are a upper secondary vocational school and the students are first year students most of whom had never seen a lathe before august last year.

Heres our first weekly update:

14 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: School project

helper
12/01/2018 at 12:10

I really love that kind of initiative, keep it up 🙂

dedicated
12/01/2018 at 12:29

Would love to see more
Best of luck! 🙂

dedicated
12/01/2018 at 19:51

Hi thanks a lot 👍
It was really 1 week work?
What was the 1 week result?
I wait with impatience the next update
😋
From where came the shredder parts?
DiB

new
13/01/2018 at 12:28

Hi, I am a college of Tommy

The build will be done in week 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 with about 18 hours each week. Our goal is to have a video produced each week and we will keep you updated on the project.

The parts for the shredder is made by a company who does laser-cutting. Our students manufacture. Our students manufacture the rest of the parts and do the assembly. We get help from students who study automation for the electronics and made a few changes for safety reasons. We will tell more about it as we make progress.

What was the one week result…well, as we build two machines at the same time is hard to be precise. But we have:
– Cut all the parts for the shredder framework
– The shafts is done
– The hopper for the shredder is done
– The Shredderbox is ready to be assembled
– Some mounting of the frame is been done
– Hopper for the injector is done
– Parts for the framework is ready and some assembly have occurred

The progress is actually a bit better then we expected.

Feel free to ask further questions.

Best regards

dedicated
13/01/2018 at 14:00

Hi thanks a lot
@grydis very good explanation and progress.
Keep us inform 👍

I love the section coopération on the video 🤣

How do you built your courses?
I am sure that you have some imperative practical thing to do for the students (by the way how old are they?) for their studies.

Do you build some table? Explaining each steps of each machine build with in front the student learned mandatory for the study ?

Thanks

DiB

starter
13/01/2018 at 23:11

Im glad you like it!

These are mostly 16-year olds.

The subject is called “yrkesfaglig fordypning” wich roughly translates to vocational depth study. In this subject they can spend time exploring different trades like car mechanics, automation etc. both in school and out in workshops and buisnesses. Our group is in school and meant for students that are interested in industrial trades like welding and machining.

We have divided each operation of producing the machines into a “work order” with drawings and documentation to simulate a fabrication shop.

Or at least tried to, its hard to predict what gets done at what time, so you get some “cooperation” scenes between jobs 🙂

There is no mandatory curriculum, but more of a dynamic learning workshop.

In “normal” periods we have mandatory assignments and regular classes.

Tommy

starter
23/01/2018 at 19:13

@tommynordby

I wish I had in school building help like you have! How do the students react with the project? Keep on posting!!!

starter
23/01/2018 at 19:15

Love that video!

starter
23/01/2018 at 23:49

Very good video, already liked in YouTube. Also, very good project, please keep us updated.

At the end of the term, what results are you expecting? It’s only a one-year project, or are you planning to continue it?

Once again, really good project.
José

new
25/01/2018 at 18:09

Her is a new video from our build
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/bxUUR7Iz-Sk” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>

@rabadswompe:
Than you. The students is focused on the build it self, and they do seem to enjoy it. There is a lot of challenge for them. When it comes to the big picture, the whole plastic-problem, I am not sure.

@caymans:
We expect have both the shredder and injector operational within the timeframe of the project. Five weeks in total, 18 hours pr. week. Are we capable to recycle amounts of plastic other then for proof of concept? I am not sure. After this group of students we will, as far as I know, take the machines apart and the re-build it from week 9 to 13.

About 30 students have been involved by the end of the project.

new
25/01/2018 at 18:12

Her is a new video from our build

@rabadswompe:
Thank you. The students is focused on the build it self, and they do seem to enjoy it. There is a lot of challenge for them. When it comes to the big picture, the whole plastic-problem, I am not sure.

@caymans:
We expect have both the shredder and injector operational within the timeframe of the project. Five weeks in total, 18 hours pr. week. Are we capable to recycle amounts of plastic other then for proof of concept? I am not sure. After this group of students we will, as far as I know, take the machines apart and the re-build it from week 9 to 13.

About 30 students have been involved by the end of the project.

dedicated
27/01/2018 at 10:59

Hi
@grydis
One more time interessant video…
Some comments from my disturbed brain 😆
–processing machine with ring is always dangerous (47s) i saw some pictures on our workshop… After you never forget to remove it… 🤮 just search ‘working with ring’ on gogol…
–asking you if you could process plastic recycling (1min21s) your chair need a new board… The wood one is tired 🤣

–do you have an sample of ‘work order’
I will try to approach a school on my area

Very good

Dimitri

dedicated
27/01/2018 at 11:04

One of my favorite post with the Canadian one @rabadswompe
👍
DiB

new
28/01/2018 at 11:51

I am so sorry your brain where disturbed @dbougas 🙂

Rings can be quite dangerous, no doubt! For some reason it has little focus in the Norwegian EHS-systems. But we should implement a focus on it in the educationsystem, I agree.

Some of the chairs is worn, we might change the woodplates with our own made plastic? 😀

Thank you for your feedback!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.