We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Security

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  myungjun kim 3 years ago.

1ND3UP 1nd3up

Security

01/12/2014 at 10:44

I’m just wondering what if someone snatch your phone? He/she can sell it as whole or parts without any security in the hardware parts. What if making a security software that will unlock/lock the parts of the phone? Just an idea putting a pin code or something to unlock/lock every part of the phone. For everytime you remove a part you need a code to unlock it.

4 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Security

starter
27/12/2014 at 06:23

that’s a great idea! hopefully someone can come up with a good security system for the bloks!

starter
21/08/2015 at 16:13

Well, maybe in the time to buy the part in the store the staff could associate the blok with a number that reffers to the buyer and a lot of informations like the chip that people put in dogs so that if you loose the phone or you get it robbed you can tell the company your number and they will be able to catch the seller if he tries to sell it
If he would think to sell it on ebay or amazon maybe with this idea phonebloks would partner with ebay and amazon for the codes
That is my idea for this topic

new
14/12/2015 at 22:36

my Idea was to lock /unlock particular hardware by particular phone, once phone detect a hardware it will set a lock and store a data on hardware like “mobile no or email id” which can be unlock by same phone, if someone snatch the hardware and try to use it in his/her phone, the phone will pop up with a message it is locked, and at the same time the message or mail is send to a data stored in hardware like”mobile no or mail”.

new
23/12/2015 at 12:31

I think the most efficent way would be to use an account to sync/register and manufacture it with codes so that they could be claimed and make it useable with only the devices registered in the same account, or granted permisssion by the account owner

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪