We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

seeking mold for skateboards or custom mold

Ryan Hollinrake gspryan

seeking mold for skateboards or custom mold

01/08/2019 at 16:12

You will have to excuse my ignorance in discussing this as I am working my way through and may not use the correct terminology. In a nutshell the size of the product produced is:31.5″ long 8″ wide 3/4″thick I am looking to produce skateboards / skim boards made of recycled plastic as part of a program to clean up the oceans. The top would have a rough textural pattern with logo imprint, the bottom would be no pattern smooth.
I have been unsuccessful finding an affordable solution. Looking for help.

3 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
27/08/2019 at 03:59

I don’t know what you mean, but you can make it yourself, I’ve even seen people who make a board of the thickness you’re looking for, integrating some texture into the mold; once cold you simply draw the way you are looking for and cut with router or cnc.

27/08/2019 at 10:36

Hi,
there is some work available.  I updated the mold library. If you need the files converted or you need the CAM operations for Fusion-360, let me know. No biggie.

helper
27/08/2019 at 18:04

Hey, thanks for sharing the project, yeah my mold is available on my website linked in the post above. In the past I have been pressing the boards. We have started using the V4 Extruder to fill the mold which is producing much better results (See pic below) I have been pre heating the mold in an oven but plan to embed cartridge heaters inside the aluminum parts of the mold itself.  There is a mailing list on my website also if you want to receive updates about the development 🙂
I will also stat a thread on the forum when we make some more progress.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪