We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Sennheiser audio blok development questions/comments

This topic contains 52 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Alessa Chalenger 4 years ago.

Sennheiser sennheiser

Sennheiser audio blok development questions/comments

16/10/2014 at 21:53

Howdy Phoneblok folks!Lance here, just opening up a thread because Sennheiser has recently announced on the Phonebloks blog that we’ve begun hardware development of an audioblok using the communities response to our previous challenges (see here).We wanted to create this thread in case any community members wanted to ask us any questions, share any thoughts or discuss any ideas you might have about this news.  Your questions and feedback have been great so far, so please keep it coming!- LanceR

52 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
03/11/2014 at 16:38

Well, if you want high powered and long-lasting audio, just bung a bigger battery on ya phone in the first place, that is what this Phonebloks idea is all about, making your phone suit you as an individual.

06/11/2014 at 06:09

right on the money, and it kills multiple birds with one stone

starter
10/11/2014 at 19:11

So i was passing through here and i noticed there is not a lot of talking of the micwell i think the mic is very important and it would be amazing if it could, in a public place with a lot of noise, the person on the other side of the call just hear the voice of the person talking to him/herand talking about calls the front speaker is also very important, it should have enough power for the people in this case, to hear the person from the other side of the call, and also talking about that i would like that all speakers could have a lot of levels of sound so there is the very low sound when to make almost no noise and the very high level for moments where u want to put music to everyonewhat do u think guys?

11/11/2014 at 04:37

the microphone needs to be rather sensitive as well so it can pick up on whatever you want it to on loudspeaker, and yet it shouldnt be so sensitive that it picks up on the phones static and electrical signal (i have had a phone like this before and it makes for bad phonecalls

starter
17/12/2014 at 06:24

well said landshark!

22/12/2014 at 01:08

What about having something similar to HTC’s boom sound, but as blocks

starter
29/12/2014 at 02:05

what do you mean “boom sound” ?

29/12/2014 at 02:22

starter
29/12/2014 at 02:49

wow boom sounds is awesome! lets incorporate it with phonebloks!

29/12/2014 at 03:01

unless sennheiser has their own version of it

starter
29/12/2014 at 03:24

yeah well maybe sennheiser can better it! I’ll message them.

29/12/2014 at 03:50

ok, good luck

starter
29/12/2014 at 03:54

Cheers man!

11/01/2015 at 20:47

How about a module with a nice DAC and maybe, Amp?with a 1/8th inch jack.I believe if you’re into music and sound in the first place, you would have already invested in pretty nice in-ears or headphones?

12/01/2015 at 01:30

sennheiser is working on the audio… SENNHEISER, dont worry man, the audio will be like no other 🙂

starter
13/01/2015 at 03:49

brendan_kershaw wrote: sennheiser is working on the audio… SENNHEISER, dont worry man, the audio will be like no other 🙂 I agree 100% Sennheiser is going to suprise a lot of people!

14/01/2015 at 08:40

also for the situation with the audio jack, why not have a smartwatch with an audio jack that can sync with the audio blok?

14/01/2015 at 08:45

BrianJY wrote: How about a module with a nice DAC and maybe, Amp?with a 1/8th inch jack.I believe if you’re into music and sound in the first place, you would have already invested in pretty nice in-ears or headphones? Im with you and Ive asked the guys if they can taylor for high power headphones such as the HD series & AKG. Im not doubting sennheiser at all, just adding in that it. :)Could we look at some possibilities to have a decent Speaker or speakers (stereo) on the device? Im not asking for Studio monitors, just decent, no Beats by dre, no nothing thats been overused. Simple, clean and great sound.

15/01/2015 at 17:33

Dear SENNHEISER. it would be great if you could also develop audio blocks that stream audio via Telecoil. Most hearing aids are now fitted with this option. A unit that streams audio via Bluetooth may also be very useful, especially if won’t automatically exclude the analog output (jack / speaker). Thanks.

23/07/2015 at 05:00

You can add bose audio & HD quality of sound

new
25/08/2015 at 10:42

Dear SENNHEISER,

First of all i want to thank you for also making this concept work by participating!
Secondly i would suggest a big amp with much power, so you won’t have a problem with no loud sound. It would be great to be able to connect 2 3,5mm jacks to the module. Through this way you could attach great professional microphones, or some high end sound systems with great quality.
On top of that it would be great if there could be the latest bluetooth integreted.
I think software around equalizers are very common these days, so there would be no need for SENNHEISER’s own

cheers!

new
25/08/2015 at 19:49

hi guys of sennheiser, is my first post here on phoneblocks forum,
My thank you to sennhaiser for joining this amazing project as well.

My idea for you guys, it would be a pair of blocks of Hi-Fi stereo speakers, which would be incredible, and reminds me of my old Nokia N95 and its speakers incredible, something that until now have not seen on any other phone lately.

and a block with a dac audiophile and P20 output “TRS 6:35” would be crazy lol

Viewing 22 replies - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪