We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Sennheiser to develop wind-resistant high-performance microphones

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JoelSherrard 5 years ago.

Sennheiser sennheiser

Sennheiser to develop wind-resistant high-performance microphones

01/07/2014 at 09:27

DearPhonebloks community,Asyou already know, we are one of the first industry supporters of Phonebloks. Wecan’t wait to contribute our audio expertise in this alliance!  Wehave already started developing aspects for the audio bloks, and want toshare this news with you. At our press conference yesterday, we announced thefollowing two developments:-  We are looking into bloks with microphones that are lesssensitive to wind noise. Ideal for outdoor smartphone use, electronicnews gathering (ENG) and recordings in the field. So we are looking at broadcast-qualitymicrophones!-  We are also working on another blok for the hard-of-hearing andthe visually impaired audience. This could be one with a special streaming technology forlow-latency lip-synchronous content.Whatdo you think of these two developments? Would these special assets be ofbenefit to you?-Rosmadi

15 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
24/12/2013 at 05:12

Thanks

01/07/2014 at 11:25

I would love to see Sennheiser develop a microphone less sensitive for wind noise, sometimes I can barely hear the other person because of this. Great idea! I’m looking forward to this.

02/07/2014 at 08:44

Hi Tibor_Brink,Thanks for your comment. For sure, clarity during phone conversations is very important and our development team is definitely looking into such microphones. Cheers!-Rosmadi

new
02/07/2014 at 15:48

There could always be better way to make microphone, especially for smartphones.As per my experience its always bad, whatever the phone I use (might not got good phones? probably so).Have Sennheiser as a player to get that fixed would be simply awesome.As you are a high player in sounds technology, that mixed with blok technology, this could bring lot of good products down the line.Cant wait to see the final product… 🙂

03/07/2014 at 15:42

It’s great you are working on creating such technologies. Also it will help to improve not only build-in microphones for mobile phones. Very perspective! Thank you!

14/07/2014 at 17:06

finally maybe i can stop having to buy those stupid overpriced foam linings for my PCM linear Field recorder. If i had a penny for the number of times I’ve forgotten to put them on during a hike, to have the recording ruined by wind noise and good low-latency lip-synchronous content would be great for my grandma who loves coronation street and would watch TV on the go. thank you so much

05/08/2014 at 17:37

It would be nice to have a larger diaphragm on the microphone to decrease the clipping when recording.

06/08/2014 at 06:04

Thanks for the tip, landshark! Will forward your suggestion to our development team for their consideration. Cheers!

21/09/2014 at 19:21

Hello, I am a film editor and sometimes a reporter who uses a lot of recording tools. The one thing I don’t like about this job is that every time I went to an interview or event, I need to have dedicated recording device and a minimum of two kinds of microphone, one is wireless clip-on/lavalier and the other is hand held microphones which I connect to the recording device. There was one time I use the built in microphone in my smartphone to record an interview. The sound quality is not bad, but the background noise is terrible. So, I’m imagining a block which have dedicated internal microphone with a cardioid pick-up pattern and noise cancelling option which I think is ideal for reporters recording on an event. The idea is that reporters can use their phone as a recording device while maintaining the quality of the recording (I use my recorded interview which recorded on my device as a sound track on a video program, I need the quality to be high and noise free).Another block I’m imagining is a receiver block which has a compatibility to wireless microphone transmitters so that the phone can act as a receiver as well as a recorder. The idea is so that you no longer need to hassle with the large and bulky wireless receivers and the handheld recorder on your other hand.Of course dealing with recording sound means you need to switch off the phone’s radio functions (mobile data, calls, messages, bluetooth, wi-fi) to avoid interference caused by them that damages your recording quality. So maybe a radio function switch off or something like airplane mode enabler physical switch can be added to the block.I love the idea of wind proof and background noise cancelling microphone, as I myself a field recorder and ENG

22/09/2014 at 04:17

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, Alvin_AJosh! The radio function switch is a cool one and makes sense for users who are into or loves recording!

15/10/2014 at 21:59

Dear sennheiser…Maybe u can develop an earphone with in line mic that can cancel out background noises…i would be very useful

16/10/2014 at 03:59

Thanks frozzen! We’ve already developed several headphones/earphones with active noise cancellation. For this sound blok, minimizing background noise is definitely high on our list too 🙂

21/10/2014 at 04:23

Hi guys,Check out the latest developments on our sound blok. Here’s our blog post -> http://blog.phonebloks.com/post/100149300288/sennheiser-to-build-audio-module-prototype-byAnd here’s the discussion thread for you to comment and share any feedback -> https://community.phonebloks.com/forum/view_topic/22/2289/Sound-development/Sennheiser-audio-blok-development-questionscommentsLet’s shape the future of audio together!

22/10/2014 at 21:48

Looks great, can’t wait for it to become fully developed

starter
29/12/2014 at 02:08

a wind proof and background noise cancelling microphone sounds great! LETS SHAPE THE FUTURE OF ELECTRONICS TOGETHER!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪