We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Shape

I_Want_PhoneBloks i_want_phonebloks

Shape

01/05/2014 at 14:04

The initial shape of the PhoneBlok is rectangular but the problem i find with a rectangular shape is the corners. I recently got an LG and it is rectangular and i find the corners bug me because they keep digging into my palm so if we eliminate the corners and round them instead it might be more comfortable for the user.

13 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Shape

01/05/2014 at 15:13

this is a good idea to eliminate the ergonomic factor of the smartphone design. but the team would have to redesign almost everything if i’m not mistaken.

01/05/2014 at 16:28

or we could just curve the edges much like how samsung’s done it.

01/05/2014 at 16:42

yes you can make curve on the phone bloks, but i was talking about the modules, the one you would be placing on the phoneblok board. especialy all other bloks that users probably put it there.

01/05/2014 at 16:53

or just get a curved cover for itsimple as that the blocks have to be rectangularotherwise suggest another shape which can be packaged in a small area

01/05/2014 at 17:25

Or we should just have people tell us what they think of the squared edges when we come out with the prototype

01/05/2014 at 17:53

urmm, sorry, i actually didn’t explain it correctly, that’s my fault. Reshaping PhoneBloks means reshaping the whole thing which means the internal circuitry needs to be re-adjusted. cause reshaping a module to have a curve or round edges requires the internal chipboard too to be redesign to be fitted inside a curve edge module. Eg : picturePlus, there will be PhoneBlok casing which can be constructed to be fitted with round edges while still maintaining the square edges of the phone itself.

01/05/2014 at 17:57

Now you explained it really good.

01/05/2014 at 18:30

haha xD thank you niklas.

01/05/2014 at 18:36

I believed in you

04/05/2014 at 17:21

Well that wouldn’t that mean certain moduals could only be used as corner peices

05/05/2014 at 04:20

Or we find some way to incorporate rounded corners as a module itself

05/05/2014 at 04:28

simple, just use tapered edges

08/05/2014 at 12:35

hello all,well if we talk about the shape of the phone the things just can remain simple, all we can do is add a curved body to the phone, u can have different cover shapes(body) for the phone, + the cover will add few good security feature to the phone,it can give the users a better and cool look and they can also select their own color or the cover to explain my point further more,there can bedifferent shape covers,may it be edge,curve, etc

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪