We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Shredder 2.1

This topic contains 35 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Chang 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Shredder 2.1

23/04/2017 at 16:50

Hey everyone

As you might know we are working on V3 of the project, here you can have a look at our full plan. This time our focus isn’t on re-developing the machines but trying to get the most out of them. That said we do have a few tweaks and things we could improve on the shredder. Mainly making it easier for the plastic to be pulled into the shredder so you don’t have to do it manually. And looking for a way to make it easier to change/clean the mesh. This wouldn’t be a full update but more of a hack. So if you already build the machine you can simply upgrade only a component (the advantage of a modular build 🙂

@morrentrading is going to help us with his expertise in building shredders. If you guys have any updates/hacks/suggestions let us know.

Our first try-out. A different blade-set

Attachments:
35 replies
5 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Shredder 2.1

new
30/01/2018 at 20:39

Thank you!

dedicated
06/02/2018 at 18:42

AAA Hi All, I will start to built my shredder in May and I am looking a solutions to make the shredder cheaper and easier to built, The solution I fiond are:
1 aluminium frame without welding
2 Hex axel with round end 25mm for bearing UCFL205 and final 24 mm with keyway to go directly inside motor, no coupling needed.
3 Monophase motor with 750w / 1 Kw max with electronic, double directions, safety stop and variable speed included, double output for shredder and extruder (I found it)
4 Shredder without weld fix end profile (you didi it on upgrade files)
So I would like if anyone can hel me, I need Cad file for the side plate of shredder and round spacers, the side olate must have new bearing holes, now they are for UCFL 204 90mm center to center, I need 99mm, then the 2 spacer has the inside diameter of 20 and I need 25 mm. i am not sure is there are more modification to do.
I’m quite sure it is possible to built a shredder for 800€ with new motor or buy it from a builder for 1200 / 1300, consider that you will use the same motor for extruder so it will be very cheap.
Please feel free to contact me, actually I am in Lima (Perú) but I will be in Italy from The end of March.

dedicated
06/02/2018 at 18:43

MOTOR WITH SAFETY STOP

Attachments:

warrior
07/02/2018 at 13:45

@fabirihotmail-com

If you want a custom shredder axle like this I can make one for you. I sell the standard design in the Bazar, But I have made custom ones for people using different bearings, couplings etc. I think the UCFL205 is a better choice anyway, 20mm is a little on the small side for the shaft for the amount of torque some people are using. Also adding a keyway is a good idea, the plain 20mm shaft can slip easily.

I can also supply raw lengths of 27mm hex cut to length if you want to machine your own shaft.

new
19/08/2018 at 19:36

Hi All friends,
Very thanks you to share them, and I will try to build new one to test my idea, and feed back to you.

Because I refer to the wood chipper and resource recycling PET, PP, PS characteristics, I plan to try 3 blade. According to my previous CNC machining experience, try to see the different speeds.

Thanks you!

Joseph

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪