We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Shredder 2.1

This topic contains 35 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Chang 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Shredder 2.1

23/04/2017 at 16:50

Hey everyone

As you might know we are working on V3 of the project, here you can have a look at our full plan. This time our focus isn’t on re-developing the machines but trying to get the most out of them. That said we do have a few tweaks and things we could improve on the shredder. Mainly making it easier for the plastic to be pulled into the shredder so you don’t have to do it manually. And looking for a way to make it easier to change/clean the mesh. This wouldn’t be a full update but more of a hack. So if you already build the machine you can simply upgrade only a component (the advantage of a modular build 🙂

@morrentrading is going to help us with his expertise in building shredders. If you guys have any updates/hacks/suggestions let us know.

Our first try-out. A different blade-set

Attachments:
35 replies
5 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Shredder 2.1

dedicated
24/04/2017 at 15:35

Awesome! I would like to see those in action! I have my parts and havent start building my shredder yet but if this works I can modify my blades or shape it something this this design

helper
24/04/2017 at 14:40

Can you reshape the V2 knifes into V2.1 or do you need to make new?

warrior
23/04/2017 at 18:23

Wow! Nice to see further improvements on the machines! Looks amazing!

However the exchangeability of the shredder blades ends when welding the shredding unit, right? This leads to the question: Is it necessary to weld the stainless steel case of the unit in the first place? Aren’t the 10 screws enough? 😀
EDIT: Wow, I’ve overlooked how the shredder design is even more amazing than I thought before. 😀

new
19/08/2018 at 19:36

Hi All friends,
Very thanks you to share them, and I will try to build new one to test my idea, and feed back to you.

Because I refer to the wood chipper and resource recycling PET, PP, PS characteristics, I plan to try 3 blade. According to my previous CNC machining experience, try to see the different speeds.

Thanks you!

Joseph

dedicated
18/05/2017 at 11:43

With a stronger coupling we sometimes have problem with plastic melting instead of getting shred. The blades are not extremely hot by friction so the plastic melts by compression. I think it is due to the spiral shape of the blade set up. All the plastic is moving to the end resulting in two blades cutting the plastic (see drawing). To resolve this I think half of the blade setup should be spiral and the rest should be more spread so different blades are cutting the plastic all the time.

@agile, what do you think about this?

Because it takes a lot of time to take the whole shredder apart, I did not do it yet.
Is someone willing to try this? Otherwise i will do this probably in the future.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪