Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Shredder Starter Kits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of CHARBONNIER Johann CHARBONNIER Johann 4 days ago.

Profile gravatar of Stefan MrazStefan Mraz stefangbp

Shredder Starter Kits

23/06/2017 at 19:32

How close are the shredder starter kits to being released? I am eager to start building my own shredder but am not sure if it is worth it to start right away or to wait for the starter kits that come out with v3. Any updates or ideas on how far away this could be? Thanks!

Profile gravatar of Jegor
2+
03/07/2017 at 21:17

hey @stefangbp,

you could probably start with collecting all the recyclable plastic and buy / get some metal for the frames, as they will be needed no matter what design it will have. Also you could look into the sources of plastic and do general research about that in your area. There is a lot to be done apart from machine building.

Me and my team recently decided to start with the current version and update later when other PP enthusiasts confirm that the new design is better.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Flo
14/07/2017 at 23:02

@stefangbp
actually @mr-hirn created an online shop for starter kits (https://www.diyrecy.eu/) , in the moment he offers the lasercutted parts, however I do not know if he ships to the US too.
I think the V.3 should come out in october. Please correct me, if I’m wrong.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of CHARBONNIER Johann
16/07/2017 at 15:37

Hi flo!
Personally, i think that 395 € is really expansive for this kit …

This work stay just a laser cutting parts, dxf are all provided:

It’s a plug and play files ^^
I’m ok to participate in damping machine, but they are some limits.

Bye 🙂

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Flo
1+
16/07/2017 at 18:39

@diesel52 I agree 395€ is not the least expensive offer I’ve seen, however it is still one of the cheapest, I’ve asked many companies and the average cost was ~500-600 Euros here in Austria.
Actually without having a company yourself and when ordering only one set, this IS the cheapest option I’ve seen so far! 😉

@katharinaelleke has offered the set for relatively cheap and
@morrentrading offers complete shredder kits too.

Both can be found > here <

I hope that helps.
Cheers!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of CHARBONNIER Johann
19/07/2017 at 19:20

Hi flo,

i have check two Chinese company via Aliexpress for this work :

One want 1050$, and one 280$.

I want to contact other company to have the best price.

Just to understand : Few european company ask 80€ per kit if we are buying more than 10 kit. Into this 80€ they are always their margin … maybe 40€ of material, 20€ of workforce and 20€ on pocket ?

400€ .. big pocket
280$ : nice pocket
80$ : correct pocket.

I will be ok to buy this kit from European company, but i dont need 10 shredder 😛

Thank for your help guys 🙂

Toggle replies
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.