We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Site Layout

Tagged: 

• This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Mofi.
Neophyte9720 neophyte9720

Site Layout

19/12/2013 at 13:09

i think their should be an option on this site sorta like twitter’s or facebook’s follow , something that lets you be notified when someone whose ideas you like, posts a forum or comments ?

15 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Site Layout

new
19/12/2013 at 17:29

Hey Neo, there is already a Notification center (top right corner) where you can see who answered on your topic etc. Also you are getting the mails from Phoneblock that someone answered to you / liked your topic whatever. Thanks

20/12/2013 at 01:15

Nikola wrote: Hey Neo, there is already a Notification center (top right corner) where you can see who answered on your topic etc. Also you are getting the mails from Phoneblok that someone answered to you / liked your topic whatever. Thanks yeah i know that exists, what i mean is a follow button where it lets you know when the person who your following posts a new forum, and when the post or like a comment that isn’t necessarily yours.

new
20/12/2013 at 16:41

Oh okay, not bad idea looking forward to this, thanks

warrior
21/12/2013 at 18:22

45MaddMaxx21 wrote: yeah i know that exists, what i mean is a follow button where it lets you know when the person who your following posts a new forum, and when the post or like a comment that isn’t necessarily yours. Thanks for the suggestion, great idea! We added a following function into the platform. (rollover the members picture and click follow.)Enjoy!

22/12/2013 at 01:41

That’s great…. I also want to add, it would be better to have a chat box.. or direct messages for the members.. so they can chat t each other.. this way they can communicate personally and produce more good ideas..

new
22/12/2013 at 14:25

anthonycorporal wrote: That’s great…. I also want to add, it would be better to have a chat box.. or direct messages for the members.. so they can chat t each other.. this way they can communicate personally and produce more good ideas.. Thanks for your idea, will talk to dave about this.BestNikola

new
22/12/2013 at 14:36

0x00a368 wrote: I would also like a chatbox for members, it would make things so much easier. Every time I need to discuss personal matters with forum members, I need to give them my email. My inbox looks like a jungle. However, if we had a personal messaging system, we could solve a lot of communication issues. Just as a bonus, can we get a post search box, so people can search for posts. This will reduce the number of duplicates.Cheers-Sarius Bernan I have sent mail to Dave, i will keep you updated whats happening.BestNikola

warrior
22/12/2013 at 14:37

Great Idea, we will look into it!Might take some time, we might start with personal messages-feature first..

23/12/2013 at 00:56

0x00a368 wrote: I would also like a chatbox for members, it would make things so much easier. Every time I need to discuss personal matters with forum members, I need to give them my email. My inbox looks like a jungle. However, if we had a personal messaging system, we could solve a lot of communication issues. Just as a bonus, can we get a post search box, so people can search for posts. This will reduce the number of duplicates.Cheers-Sarius Bernan YEs man! that’s a good idea..:)

23/12/2013 at 00:57

Nikola wrote: Thanks for your idea, will talk to dave about this.BestNikola Thanks for hearing me, I hope this will happen :)-nick-

new
23/12/2013 at 01:07

anthonycorporal wrote: Thanks for hearing me, I hope this will happen :)-nick- We have started to work on this feature, this will take some time! Thanks! Best Nikola

23/12/2013 at 10:57

0x00a368 wrote: I think there should be an “Archive” category, where if a post doesn’t get an answer for, say, 2 days, the post is moved to “Archives”, it will make it easier to find posts that need answers. Having this would surely be a good idea.. and also helping those others to recognize their ideas.. in this way with more ideas to come. a more productive and excellent product will be made..compliment to Mr. SariusBernan :)-nick-

23/12/2013 at 23:12

DaveHakkens wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, great idea! We added a following function into the platform. (rollover the members picture and click follow.)Enjoy! thankyou dave :’)

13/01/2014 at 15:15

I think there should be more point-rewards and badges, like if you post 10 new topics in the category software development, you get a badget an 5 extra points or something like that. Also I would like a Rating-Button on Forum topics so the team can easily see which topics are worth to be discussed, just like the rating of the ideas in the challenges.

13/01/2014 at 20:56

0x00a368 wrote: The rating and badge system is not the priority right now. People who are focused on gaining points do not belong on good community forums (I’m not saying you are, just a general statement). Currently they are working on a delete/merge/close system for posts, so moderators, like myself and Nikola, can do their jobs.Also, I strongly suggest to avoid a post voting system, as that leads to lots of issues, like the people at StackOverflow and their tendency to be horrible, nasty, condescending, arrogant, and generally unwelcoming. Well, i agree with you in this points, many people tend to be justifying if they get the chance to, but i thought, a direct feedback in form of this enhanced point system could be motivating for most people so they are encouraged to think of new ideas and to improve the existingBut i understand, that the phonebloks team want the community to be objective and focused on the basic idea instead of spamming the forums to gain points.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪