We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Small Change, big difference

Tagged: 

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Small Change, big difference

06/10/2015 at 14:11

This second video was something that popped my mind and seemed worth considering, the size of things. Nowadays -where we produce things in big quantities- a small change can have a huge impact. We could often make things smaller, without loosing function or esthetics. What do you think? Would also love to see other examples beside a toothbrush!

8 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
14/10/2015 at 19:04

What if they could make a disposable head tooth brush? Like those fancy razors. I know that the connection point will get dirty, but what if the connection is designed to allow us to clean and reuse the handle?

Attachments:
warrior
15/10/2015 at 14:37

I actually have one of those! Very much like the idea, have to admit mine works a bit crappy because the connector point is not to well made and keeps falling of when I’m brushing. But im sure that problem can be solved. I would love to use a well made version of it!

helper
11/11/2015 at 11:51

@alexluna This is exactly what we want for this entire community, great ideas that are developed together. I suggest you start a thread in an appropriate place on this forum and get the help of the community discussing a toothbrush (or indeed other household items) that could work like this, reducing materials while making and waste while throwing away!

starter
24/11/2015 at 00:28

why not making it out of bamboo? i guess it is way more sustainable.
well, actually there were some people doing that: http://www.hydrophil.biz
i bought one for testing.
the only problem was, that the bamboo fibers were rubbing at the corner of my mouth.
kinda sad, cause i think it is a gorgeous idea.

helper
25/11/2015 at 11:07

@maroh So, Bamboo did not work for you… What other sustainable, highly recyclable, or even biodegradable materials would you use for a toothbrush?

starter
25/11/2015 at 11:27

mhh.. I think bamboo is fine, but there should be a longer bringing/ polishing process,
or maybe you can cover the material with some kind of wax.

Attachments:
starter
07/04/2017 at 14:09

like the saying goes “A Drop in the Ocean”

starter
16/10/2017 at 22:07

I have a german touthbrush wich is made with wood and pig bristle. What’s more natural ?
🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪